My driver can't read DVD's!

vbimport

Hi everyone!

I am little desperate right now! I am girl and don’t know much of these tech stuff, but searching on the web I’ve seen thousands of people with the same trouble I am.

One day after I my driver stopped reading DVD’s. I don’t know if it has anything to do with Windows 7, because I never really use DVD’s, but I had used before and it worked just fine.

Now, after long time, with Windows 7 as OS, I’ve discovered that the driver was crazy. I tried to install The Sims 3, but actually the driver never recognized the DVD. It gives a couple of spins, shine a little green light, but that’s it.

In My Computer, if I try to click on the driver it says to insert a CD/DVD. But the DVD is in there!!!

The driver reads and burns CD’s normally. It doesn’t read, or better, recognize any kind of DVD. I’ve tried on another computer and the DVD’s worked just fine.

I have tried to update the driver, install fireware, reboot, everything I could possibly find on forums but nothing worked. I’ve tried to restore the system but it said I couldn’t because the option was deactivated. The same when to Roll-Back.

What can I do now???

The model is a LG HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N ATA Device Driver.

Thanks!! :o

Ok, first off lets get some terms straight. Your LG GSA-H55N is a dvd drive, not a driver. A driver is type of software that acts as an interface between the hardware and the operating system.

Now on to your problem. DVD drives have two different lasers in them. One is used to read and write to cds, the other reads and writes to dvds. It is entirely possible for one part of the drive to have a hardware failure, and not affect the other. So it sounds like your drive needs to be replaced.

To add to the driver term, “fireware” is not existent. You probably meant “firmware”… which is special device related software like a BIOS.