My DMA is enabled, hours to burn video

vbimport

It takes FOREVER to burn a movie, my IDE channel target ID 0 device type is set at ATA Disk Ultra Mode 5 instead of what I saw on the search examples ( ATAPI Cdrom Ultra Mode 2) is this my problem and how do I fix it. I’m running Vista and DH 16A1L burner.

You want the highest dma you can go, not lower.

what about the DISK part instead of cdrom? any idea on how to speed it up? it takes about 3 hours to burn a movie, i’m using memorex 16x 4.7gb dvds and using windows DVD maker, i’ve only had this computer for a few months

does it matter that it reads DISK instead of Cdrom? any idea how i can speed this up? i’m using memorex 16x 4.7gb dvds and windows dvd maker

Btw aren’t you converting the movie? If so, thats normal… about 95% to convert and the rest to burn…

[QUOTE=mommaluv2027;2018648]does it matter that it reads DISK instead of Cdrom? any idea how i can speed this up? i’m using memorex 16x 4.7gb dvds and windows dvd maker[/QUOTE]

First Memorex is bad bad bad I would never use them. Second need more info on your problem like what program are you using to burn the dvd. Also mor about your computer like how much memory doe it have.

[QUOTE=mommaluv2027;2018623]It takes FOREVER to burn a movie, my IDE channel target ID 0 device type is set at ATA Disk Ultra Mode 5 instead of what I saw on the search examples ( ATAPI Cdrom Ultra Mode 2) is this my problem and how do I fix it. I’m running Vista and DH 16A1L burner.[/QUOTE]

Try to look for the DMA status on other IDE channel, DH-16A1L is only capable of UDMA4 at maximum, so that UDMA5 should be your harddrive.

[QUOTE=mommaluv2027;2018623]It takes FOREVER to burn a movie, my IDE channel target ID 0 device type is set at ATA Disk Ultra Mode 5 instead of what I saw on the search examples ( ATAPI Cdrom Ultra Mode 2) is this my problem and how do I fix it. I’m running Vista and DH 16A1L burner.[/QUOTE]

UDMA5 is for HDD here.

Are you sure you ONLY BURNT? Not converted too??