My computer wont even recognize that there is a CD in the CD-ROM

Help! I’m not even sure if I’m posting in the correct area, but I figured I’d start here. When the Sims 2 came out I downloaded it onto my computer and it worked fine. Recently, I uninstalled it and now I’m trying to reinstall it but my computer wont even recognize that there is a CD in the CD-ROM. I don’t recieve an error message or anything, just that there is no CD in the computer. It doesn’t have a problem reading any other CD’s, just this particular one. I tried cleaning it, and have heard many suggestions relating to replacing my CD-ROM drive, but I have a hard time believing it’s the drive when it works fine with any other CD I put in it.

Help!

Is it the original CD you are using, or a backup? I assume that by ‘downloaded it onto my computer’ means that you installed it from the original and not downloaded from the internet (which would be illegal and not allowed on this forum).

If the problem occurs with a backup, try the original.

It is the original. By downloaded I meant installed. I installed the game, uninstalled it and now I can’t re-install it.