My computer won't burn a movie twice!

vbimport

HEY EVERYONE!!!

I AM NEW TO THE SITE AND VERY PLEASED TO JOIN. I HAD BEEN COMING HERE FOR QUITE A WHILE AS A GUEST BUT TODAY I DECIDED TO JOIN. ANYWAY, THE PROBLEM THAT I AM HAVING IS MY COMPUTER WON’T BURN ANYTHING TWICE. I RECENTLY PURCHASED A NEW DVD/CD WRITER FROM MEMOREX WITH LITESCRIBE. THAT WAS A LITTLE OVER A MONTH AGO. I DID A COMPLETE REBOOT OF MY COMPUTER TO LIKE IT WAS WHEN I TOOK IT OUT OF THE BOX. I ALSO UPDATED MY COMPUTER WITH ALL OF MICROSOFTS UPDATES. THE LATEST TO BE INSTALLED WAS SECURITY UPDATE 3 WHICH I LATER FOUND OUT HAS A SERIOUS GLITCH IN IT. ANYWAY, I REMOVED SECURITY PATCH 3. I AM USING DVD DECRYPTER, DVD SHRINK, AND ANYDVD. I AM ABLE TO BURN A MOVIE ONCE, THEN WHEN I TRY TO BURN SOMETHING ELSE I GET AN ERROR WITH SHRINK. WHEN IT IS TIME TO BURN THE FILES TO A DISC I GET A BURNING ERROR. I CHECK MY COMPUTER AND IT ALWAYS SAYS THAT IT NEEDS TO HAVE DEFRAGMENT DONE TO IT. SO I DEFRAG MY DRIVE WHICH TAKES ABOUT 45 MINUTES…THEN I GO THROUGH THE MOTION OF DECRYPTING THE NEXT MOVIE AGAIN AND ALSO SHRINKING IT AGAIN. BURN THE MOVIE AND THEN I GET THE SAME ERROR WITH SHRINK WHILE TRYING TO BURN THE MOVIE…I CHECK THE COMPUTER AND I NEED TO DEFRAGMENT IT ALL OVER AGAIN!! CAN ANYONE OUT THERE PLEASE HELP ME. I DON’T KNOW IF IT IS THE DVD WRITER ITSELF OR WHAT. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING…REBOOTING AGAIN, DEFRAGMENT, DRIVE CLEANUP, SYSTEM RESTORE, EVEN RAN MY MCAFEE SCAN AND I STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. HELP ME PLS!!! THKS!!:doh:

first of all it would be nice of you to not use all CAPS. thank you :wink:

but anways… try using ImgBurn (www.imgburn.com) instead to burn your discs… it’s basically the same guy who made DVD Decryptor … but since that was forced to shut down he switched to ImgBurn instead. (i.e. DVD Decryptor is no longer being updated)

also checking to see if there’s a firmware update for your drive might not be a bad idea :wink:

cause if you have to defrag your drive that sounds a little weird cause unless your PC is acient it should be able to burn dvd’s without any issues.

cause you said you can burn a movie once after a reboot but after that it acts up right? … if it does it to me sounds like something is interfering with it on your PC… im guessing the burner itself is probably fine… but you can get some more opinions on these forums.

also, what specs are your PC? … cause if it’s anything decent from around 2001-ish to date odds are it can burn dvd’s fine… although i would recommend not doing nothing else on your PC while the disc is burning if you want to be extra safe.

also, dont burn your disc @ 16x… i would recommend burning your disc in general @ 8x.

p.s. if all else fails you can get a quality burner on newegg.com for around 30 dollars or so out the door.

also, assuming your pc aint super old… im guessing there’s a good chance it probably needs a complete format/reinstall of windows.

Thank you for responding. Sorry about the caps…my fault…wasn’t trying to come across rude or shouting. Just need all of the help that I can get with this issue. I do apologize once again.

Thank you for responding NBR. I purchased my computer in Feb. 2005 so it isn’t that old. My dvd/cd writer was purchased only a month ago. I went to Memorex’s website to download a driver for it but wasn’t able to. I’m ready to throw it out of a window right now!!! lol. Thank you again for your help.

How much free space is on your hard drive it sounds like either a small drive or to full.