My computer stopped burning any dvd over 6x

I seems my computer stopped burning any dvd over 6x… it gives a jump up to 8x and decreses to 6x… DMA=on, on 3 burners, 1 sata and 2 ata…
Have no clue why… didn’t install any software.

• Moved post from Daxon DVD-R thread to new thread * *

Even stranger is the part that reading dvds goes up to 16x…
I just instaled a crappy usb2 hdd, usb powered, that gave me a lot of windows errors until it was recognized. could it has anything to do with the 6x limiter?

Ok… now its working… after a few reboots and some drive renaming, at least i burned @18x.
Now i’ve got 3 beautifull cup bases by indian verbatim… lol

Sounds like a hardware problem. Do you have any hard drives slowing down?

[QUOTE=rolling56;1958145]Sounds like a hardware problem. Do you have any hard drives slowing down?[/QUOTE]

Nop, the OS drive is new (1month) and the others are on external cases.

Also i burned the dvd without plugin in the “new” external case, because isn’t mine…
I believe that the problem is in that case…

[QUOTE=rakter;1958151]Nop, the OS drive is new (1month) and the others are on external cases.

Also i burned the dvd without plugin in the “new” external case, because isn’t mine…
I believe that the problem is in that case…[/QUOTE]Sounds like you got it under control.

I think that all is related to your crappy external USB, like youmentioned. It sucked probably too much power and even made your Os instable…

[QUOTE=chef;1958356]I think that all is related to your crappy external USB, like youmentioned. It sucked probably too much power and even made your Os instable…[/QUOTE]

Tks, that’s what a thought.
Even stranger, i tried to plug in a universal transformer ( variable Tension), i marked @ 4.5v on the usb disk and it doesnt even turn on…
well whatever, let me insert some files in it and send it to the sender lol.

Your drive will need 5V and at least 500mA to 1000mA to work. Did you check if your transformer meets these requirements?

[QUOTE=Sunshine12;1958578]Your drive will need 5V and at least 500mA to 1000mA to work. Did you check if your transformer meets these requirements?[/QUOTE]

Yep, but i dont care, it’s not mine, and next week i’m getting rid of it!
I prefer PSU powered than USB.
Thanks for the reply, you can close this thread.

[quote=rakter;1958617]Thanks for the reply, you can close this thread.[/quote] OK.

• Thread closed * *