My computer Cant Detect My New Burner LG-GH22LP2

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GH-22LP20. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Im new to this Forum Finally Signed up today Just Replace my Old Burner Because it Literally just stopped working so I went out and bought the LG-GH22LP2 and was hoping that i could finally start burning movies, I gets installed i pick up my computer Turn it on and Now its not even in Device manager…

My Problem Is my Computer doesnt even detect it, And I dont know how to go about fixing this problem Could use someones Help, :frowning: Let me know I can provide more info on the driver if you ask the question dont know what else is needed

@ nived,

Welcome to the Forum.

Are you certain that before you installed your LG GH-22LP20 Optical Drive in your Computer that you correctly installed the Master/Slave jumper on the back of your LG GH-22LP20 Optical Drive in the appropriate Master or Slave position?

Also ensure that you have used an Ultra DMA (80-Conductor) IDE/ATA Cable (http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/if/ide/confCable80-c.html) and not a Standard (40-Conductor) IDE/ATA Cable to connect your LG GH-22LP20 Optical Drive.

Regards,
bjkg