I had the chance to have 2 DVD-Burners for a short time as I planned to sell one of them to a friend.
I decided, the better one should stay at my PC.
So I ran some tests on all media I had at home.
To summarice, I will post here:
- 10 different types of media (7+, 3- Im sorry, didnt have more - media at home)
- All burned at Benq 1620 and NEC 3500A
- All at Max Speed the burner allowed with CDSpeed
- If one burner allowed higher speed than the other but has bad quality and the other one not, I lowered write speed to match the other burner and tested again
- Benq burned: Qualitytest with Benq (6x read) and Liteon 832 (4x read)
- NEC burned: Qualitytest with Liteon 832 (4x read)
- Both burned: TRansfertest with Liteon 167T with read speed hacked Firmware
All tests are finished except the Transferrate tests, so I post now only 1 media, and all other ones following in the afternoon. Or can I edit a post later to add transferrate picture?
Have fun at reading.