My CloneCD key does not work

I’m new to this forum so I’d just like to say Hi to everyone… Hi!

Right, here’s my problem:

I downloaded clone cd 4.0.1.10 a couple of months ago to backs up my cd collection. I was so impressed with it’s ease of use and success rate, that I purchased a key for it online.

Last week I had some problems with my computer (black and blue screens of death) and so I was forced to reinstall Windows.

However, now when I try to use my cd key I’m told that it is invalid. I downloaded a key generator and every one that it generates also comes up invalid.

I then downloaded clone cd 3 and tried the key generator with that and it works (my original one does not though, I assume it is specific to Clone 4).

So what I’m left with is a legal Clone 4 that does not work and an illegal Clone 3 which does!

I wrote an e-mail to this effect to elby but the responce was: “We don’t give out new keys for free.” I wasn’t even asking for a free key, just some advice on how to get Clone 4 working again.

So now I turn to the wise people of this forum. Do any of you guy’s know how I can get my Clone 4 up and running again?

Sorry it’s between you and Elby. I see this sort of post infrequently. Send a screen shot of the error message/whatever with the legal username & key by email. You can understand that a lot of piracy goes on.

Once the key gen is on your system, none of the keys should work if the gen predates the version of CloneCD. Each bew version blacklists new illegal keys.

I can’t comment on this any more.

That’s fair enough.

I’ll e-mail Elby again with the info you suggested. Hopefully it’ll get through to someone who’ll read it properly this time!

Cheers, Xune.

Hi Xune,

Please typ in the serial exacly in that way, that is on the mail you have got from elby and have a look at the BIOS / WINDOWS time, is the date correct ?

If nothing helps and your CloneCD 4 will not run, please use the CloneCD support formular at www.elby.ch.

hope I could help, sven

How do I check that the bios time and windows time match?

I know how to change windows time (obviously) but I don’t know how to find out the exact bios time when in Windows.

If this helps, I’m using Win98se on an MSI K7N 420 Pro, using bios 2.0

If there is some kind of program that lets me find out my bios time while in windows I would be grateful.

Xune.

I don’t think you have to check the exact time. Just check the BIOS date and compare it to the Windows date and time. Is your BIOS for instance not running some years behind/ahead? I think this could effect the CloneCD registration in some way.

The windows date/time comes from the bios so they always match. Windows does not have a seperate time and date.

Try changing the date/time in windows, then reboot and look at the bios. It will be changed there as well.

I’ve recently had a return of the black screens of death, and so I was again forced to reinstall windows. :a

However, following the re-install my key is now being accepted once again. :bigsmile: I guess I must have had a bad install of windows the previous time.

Xune.

Originally posted by Xune
[B]I’ve recently had a return of the black screens of death, and so I was again forced to reinstall windows. :a

However, following the re-install my key is now being accepted once again. :bigsmile: I guess I must have had a bad install of windows the previous time.

Xune. [/B]

Maybe it’s time for you to install a “real” OS like Win 2000 Pro or Win XP…:wink:

Originally posted by Svantesson666
[B]

Maybe it’s time for you to install a “real” OS like Win 2000 Pro or Win XP…:wink: [/B]

Oh, I wasn’t aware that Win98se was a “fake” OS. :stuck_out_tongue:

However, I don’t seem to have a spare £100 lying around at the moment! :wink:

hey anyone who needs a cd key generator i got one that works with all versions of clone cd to this date im still using it. feel free to email me with subject clone cd so i dont delete ur mail by mistake.

Originally posted by DjHackStyle
hey anyone who needs a cd key generator i got one that works with all versions of clone cd to this date im still using it. feel free to email me with subject clone cd so i dont delete ur mail by mistake.
You’re an idiot and now banned