My CloneCD is sick

Dear CDFreaks Readers,

I have here in my PC a copy of the newest and latest and greatest CloneCD software, version 4.2.1.0. The acclaimed revolutionary software since its last version.

Well, what have come to my attention is that CloneCD now does not recognize any of my CD-Writers (Plextor 40/12/40A and Pioneer A04). This confuses me since I have had no problems with earlier CloneCD versions (up to version 2). Now since CloneCD does not recognize any of the writers, it won't allow me to write/copy/erase or to summarize, I can't do anything useful now.

I love CloneCD and I did not regret a cent, but I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clean-install, redownloading and nothing fixes the problem. I now can't revert my CloneCD to the previous version 4.1.0.10. - I have my WinXP System Restore disabled since I figure I won't need it until now...

If you have by any chance now a solution to my puzzle, it would be greatly appreciated.

My PC specs: (don't think it matters though)
- Windows XP Professional SP1
- Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz
- Plextor 40/12/40A (Internal)
- Pioneer A04 (Internal)
- No other installed burning software except Nero Burning ROM

I'm sorry for any typos and grammos. I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Regards.

Try what Olli suggests:

Originally posted by Olli
[B]

Hi,

please start the program “ElbyCDIO Control”. Tick “Locked I/O”.
Now start CloneCD. Does this work?

Olli [/B]

Yes, it works well! w00t. My CloneCD is healthy again…

Sorry for asking the same topic twice…

Anyway, I tried the same CloneCD onto a different but similar PC and it had no issue. Why is that?

Thanks again fax2368, greatly appreciated for the super-fast and working solution. :smiley:

Originally posted by sys202
[B]Yes, it works well! w00t. My CloneCD is healthy again…

Sorry for asking the same topic twice…

Anyway, I tried the same CloneCD onto a different but similar PC and it had no issue. Why is that?

Thanks again fax2368, greatly appreciated for the super-fast and working solution. :smiley: [/B]

Update your Intel Application Acceleration Driver to the latest version.

Okay, I’ll see into it asap.

It’s an honor to be briefed by the great author. :smiley: