My choice of Printer (C. Pixma iP5200/iP5300) & DVD-R Media (TYWG16X)

Hi!

This is my first post on these forums, but i’ve been around for quite a while mostly reading up on all there is to learn on here about Printers, DVD-R media & CD-Labeling.

Anyway, right now i’m about to invest in a new printer and some new DVD-R media for the new year, and after doing some research i’ve come to the conclusion that Canon Pixma iP5200 & Canon Pixma iP5300 are two good printers for CD-printing.

Are there any big differences between these two? Or are there better printers than these for my purpose (CD-printing)? I want the best result for my printed DVD-R’s so the price doesn’t really matter, I just want the best possible DVD-R Media & Printer.

I can get the iP5200 for 145$ and the iP5300 for 195$.

My choice for DVD-R media right now is the new “Taiyo Yuden WaterShield Glossy” and I was thinking about ordering a 100 pack from www.burnsmart.com for 84$.

So here are some of my questions:

1. Is it worth the extra 50$ to get the iP5300 instead of iP5200?
  2. What are the main differences between iP5300 and iP5200?
  3. Should I get either of these two or are the better printers for my purpose?
  4. The media i’m going to use to print on with one of these two are “Taiyo Yuden WaterShield Glossy” are these good with the printers?
  5. Are the “Taiyo Yuden WaterShield Glossy” the best choice or are the better DVD-R media that I can get?
  6. I’ve heard that the Canon CD-labeling software can’t print all the way to the edges on DVD’s (119mm?) is this true?

Sorry for the long thread/post, but I just wanted to get a little more information before I make my purchase.

Thanks in advance for answers!