This is my first post on these forums, but i’ve been around for quite a while mostly reading up on all there is to learn on here about Printers, DVD-R media & CD-Labeling.
Anyway, right now i’m about to invest in a new printer and some new DVD-R media for the new year, and after doing some research i’ve come to the conclusion that Canon Pixma iP5200 & Canon Pixma iP5300 are two good printers for CD-printing.
Are there any big differences between these two? Or are there better printers than these for my purpose (CD-printing)? I want the best result for my printed DVD-R’s so the price doesn’t really matter, I just want the best possible DVD-R Media & Printer.
I can get the iP5200 for 145$ and the iP5300 for 195$.
My choice for DVD-R media right now is the new “Taiyo Yuden WaterShield Glossy” and I was thinking about ordering a 100 pack from www.burnsmart.com for 84$.
So here are some of my questions:
- Is it worth the extra 50$ to get the iP5300 instead of iP5200?
- What are the main differences between iP5300 and iP5200?
- Should I get either of these two or are the better printers for my purpose?
- The media i’m going to use to print on with one of these two are “Taiyo Yuden WaterShield Glossy” are these good with the printers?
- Are the “Taiyo Yuden WaterShield Glossy” the best choice or are the better DVD-R media that I can get?
- I’ve heard that the Canon CD-labeling software can’t print all the way to the edges on DVD’s (119mm?) is this true?
Sorry for the long thread/post, but I just wanted to get a little more information before I make my purchase.
Thanks in advance for answers!