My car CD player does not display folder names correctly

vbimport

I have a 2006 Jetta with a CD/MP3 player. I have successfully made many MP3 CDs that play OK in this car, but the CD player display only shows “folder 01, folder 02, folder 03, etc” instead of the proper folder name “world, rock, etc.” The display does properly show the artist name and title name according to the ID3 tag.
It also displays a generic “track 01, 02…150, etc.” that corresponds to the track number of the CD.

Would anyone know of a way to make a CD that might correctly display the information? I’ve used itunes, roxio, and windows to make mp3 cds which sound great in the car, but display incorrectly. This has been discussed in Jetta forums, but no solution found yet. I’ve come to this forum with hope! :bow:

The problem isn’t how the disc is made, but the car player. That is simply how is has been designed to display the disc information.

Hi and Welcome![quote=dustinp;2170676]I have a 2006 Jetta with a CD/MP3 player. I have successfully made many MP3 CDs that play OK in this car, but the CD player display only shows “folder 01, folder 02, folder 03, etc” instead of the proper folder name “world, rock, etc.”(…)

Would anyone know of a way to make a CD that might correctly display the information?[/quote]Please read the manual of your car stereo carefully. Normally, it should mention the parameters that are needed for a perfectly working mp3 disc.
I am using ImgBurn to create mp3 discs for my car player that are according to the requirements stated in the manual.

[quote=Dogg;2179840]The problem isn’t how the disc is made, but the car player. That is simply how is has been designed to display the disc information.[/quote]:disagree: There are lots of things you can do wrong :wink:

Michael