My C&C Generals Burning Experience and Results

Hi this is is my second post to these forums, so hopefully this one will help out a lot of people that are having problems creating LEGAL backups of their new game C&C Generals. I also apologise in advance if I shouldn’t be posting this or if I’m in the wrong forum. Anyways lets get started.

Hardware:
Liteon LTR-32123S w/ firmware - XS0S

Read Method - Default CCD Protected Game CD - Max Read
Write Method - SafeDisc 2(.51)AWS - Max Write

Yes I had to burn with AWS. For some reason if I burnt with Emulate Weak Sectors, the copy would cause the game to crash at the splash screen. Very weird, yet interesting if you ask me. I hope this helps anyone else who had similar problems.

Originally posted by dryars
[B]Hi this is is my second post to these forums, so hopefully this one will help out a lot of people that are having problems creating LEGAL backups of their new game C&C Generals. I also apologise in advance if I shouldn’t be posting this or if I’m in the wrong forum. Anyways lets get started.

Hardware:
Liteon LTR-32123S w/ firmware - XS0S

Read Method - Default CCD Protected Game CD - Max Read
Write Method - SafeDisc 2(.51)AWS - Max Write

Yes I had to burn with AWS. For [/B]
What happened with “Ignore”?

>some reason if I burnt with Emulate Weak Sectors, the
>copy would cause the game to crash at the splash screen

Emulate…you need Hide CD-R Media activated to run the emu code written onto the disc; as well, you need to hide the fact that you’re using a CD-R if playing from a burner.

I’m a n00b, what can I say! :slight_smile:

just hang around and keep posting :smiley:

I am experiencing the same crash problem but what i was wondering about is that it works well on my pc!

but when i use it to install on other pc’s it crashes up!!
i used the default settings that clonyxxl gave me when it detected safedisc protection what should i do?
i have a liteon 321240 drive with XSOS firmware

Ya I dunno anymore… im getting mixed results here and there… so far on 6 machines, 3 have worked with my method, while the other 3 have crashed using the same method. Any ideas anyone?

one more thing… I’ve tried using Ignore when writing the cd

@dryars
copy below this line into notepad:

[CloneCD ReadPrefs]
ReadSubData=0
RegenerateData=0
ReadSubAudio=0
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=1
ReadSpeedData=0
ReadSpeedAudio=0
IntelligentBadSectorScan=0
SectorSkip=100
NoErrorReport=0
FirstSessionOnly=0
AudioQuality=0
[CloneCD WritePrefs]
DontRepairSubchannelData=0
AlwaysCloseLastSession=0
AmplifyWeak=0
WriteSpeed=0

then save it as safedisc 2.8.ccp (where it says text documents change it to all files) in program files>elaborate bytes>clone cd> profiles.
under your writer settings untick amplify weak sectors.
This is what i used to make a back up and it works