My burners aren't going over 12x

I am so pissed right now, because I have never had this problem before. I even put my 20A4P internally for a couple of burns and got 20x, now both of my nec’s aren’t going over 12x.

BTW: nothing has changed on my system, DMA is the same, I am usimg CD speed to make this calculation 4.7.7.5-4.7.7.3

Media YUDEN000T02, CMC MAG M01

Can you post the software your using to burn? The media you listed is not the best for speeds that high…JMO!

If you flashed your LO then you need to reset Smartburn to off and turn on Overspeed again. Happens to me from time to time.

[QUOTE=Bob;1976470]If you flashed your LO then you need to reset Smartburn to off and turn on Overspeed again. Happens to me from time to time.[/QUOTE]

I'm using my Optiarc AD-7170A &both of them all of a sudden are burning not over 12x

Do you think it is because of the crappy media or the overspeeding of my 8x TY??

btw: Do you think it is cd speed problem??

[QUOTE=THE C.;1976466]Can you post the software your using to burn? The media you listed is not the best for speeds that high…JMO![/QUOTE]

Cd speed (Testing) but this problem has never happened before.

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;1976484]Cd speed (Testing) but this problem has never happened before.[/QUOTE]

I mean it could very well be the media. It is rated at 8x right?

Now I tried some MCC 004 & they are burning @ 18x !!

What happened?!?! :confused:

Media type???

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;1976489]Now I tried some MCC 004 & they are burning @ 18x !!

What happened?!?! :confused:

Media type???[/QUOTE]

Media, (Brand). Did you do a quality scan on this disk you just burned?

Sorry i misread :o

CMC MAG M01 is variable 16x media. Many drives will fall back to a lower speed when a batch is bad enough.

YUDEN000 T02 is high quality 8x media, but sometimes a drive will not like to overspeed it much if it sacrifices quality.

MCC 004 is a high quality 16x media, that is fairly easy to burn at 18x with many 18x and 20x drives.

LiteOn drives are more tolerant when a user tries to burn faster than they should, but will sometimes brute force their way through a burn. That’s how you got 20x burns.

[QUOTE=Albert;1976495]CMC MAG M01 is variable 16x media. Many drives will fall back to a lower speed when a batch is bad enough.

YUDEN000 T02 is high quality 8x media, but sometimes a drive will not like to overspeed it much if it sacrifices quality.

MCC 004 is a high quality 16x media, that is fairly easy to burn at 18x with many 18x and 20x drives.

LiteOn drives are more tolerant when a user tries to burn faster than they should, but will sometimes brute force their way through a burn. That’s how you got 20x burns.[/QUOTE]

Your the man Albert… :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=THE C.;1976491]Media, (Brand). Did you do a quality scan on this disk you just burned?[/QUOTE]

No, but I will

[QUOTE=Albert;1976495]CMC MAG M01 is variable 16x media. Many drives will fall back to a lower speed when a batch is bad enough.

LiteOn drives are more tolerant when a user tries to burn faster than they should, but will sometimes brute force their way through a burn. That’s how you got 20x burns.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;1976501]No, but I will[/QUOTE]

Please post your scan here when you can, take care. :bigsmile:

OK I figuted out what is going on, but can someone please elaborate. If I just create data disk (Cd speed) I get 18x, but If I create data disk and “check” the burn image box it slows down to around 12x it looks like the buffer can’t keep up.

Okay, then. We can blame the data transfer rate.

Try burning with ImgBurn. It will tell you max and average rate and the burn time [so you can check burn speed]. Set it to the maximum buffer, and you should have fewer issues.

To help ImgBurn keep everything in check, make sure your hard drive is fully defragmented, and ensure that no background activities are going on.

Also, what hard drive do you have?

[QUOTE=Albert;1976540]Okay, then. We can blame the data transfer rate.

Try burning with ImgBurn. It will tell you max and average rate, and burn time. Set it to the maximum buffer, and you should have no issues.[/QUOTE]

I will try now