My Burner Won't Burn!

I installed a Nu-Tech DDW-061 DVD Burner/CDRW Burner Combo Drive. It reads cd’s fine, but for some reason it doesn’t burn anything. I tried burning a CD, and when I re-inserted the CD to check it the CD is empty. It says that the Used Space and Free Space is 0kb. I tried it several times and the same thing always happened. I upgraded the firmware, but this problem still occurs. I am wondering why I am unable to burn anything. I believe it is something with the burner because I hooked up my old burner and it works fine. It is the only CD drive I have installed and the jumper settings are set to Master. I even tested the drive using Nero and it test burns fine at 40x.

I’m having similar problems. I recently reformatted my hd. Before the reformat I was successfully burning dvd’s using DVD Xcopy. I have updated all firmware for my nu ddw-061 but I can’t burn using Xcopy or DVD Shrink and Nero. I have tested the software by using an external dvd drive via USB 2.0, XCopy still doesn’t work but DVDShrink and Nero are working fine on the external. I have tried several different types of media but nothing works on the Nu DDW-061. I have checked all cables and connections. Let me know if you figure anything out.

me too…:frowning: i hav ltr 12101b and i after my reformat it wont burn but can read…
please help…

I had the same exact problem after owning my Nutech DDW-082 for about 3 weeks. It stopped burning and would only read. It appears that much of this problem is related to the fact that these drives are of poor quality. After RMA-ing this drive once the problem seemed to be solved but then after another few weeks the same problem occured again. The best solution to this problem would be to buy a different brand for a DVD burner.