My burner is dead?

vbimport

Hi there. Thank you in advance for your kindness for your time . My problem is: I have a burner CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive LG ,Model : GCC-4521B , with it burned a file of 700Mb in a CD-RW using the right click and send to ,feature in WinXP . Suddenly the last time the Wizard didn’t finish and sent a message saying that I cannot finish, and with it the drive have noises .
Is it dead?., or maybe could have a fix to do? . I hope you understand my poor English.:bow:
Thanks in advance.
Peace and love from Lima,Peru in South-America.

[QUOTE=grbyslzr;2124690]Hi there. Thank you in advance for your kindness for your time . My problem is: I have a burner CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive LG ,Model : GCC-4521B , with it burned a file of 700Mb in a CD-RW using the right click and send to ,feature in WinXP . Suddenly the last time the Wizard didn’t finish and sent a message saying that I cannot finish, and with it the drive have noises .
Is it dead?., or maybe could have a fix to do? . I hope you understand my poor English.:bow:
Thanks in advance.
Peace and love from Lima,Peru in South-America.[/QUOTE]

How old is your drive? Is your firmware updated? What kinda noise did it make? What kinda media did you use? What did you last burn before it made the noise your describing? Usually the best is to take the drive out and put it into another computer and test it to see if it still functions.

How old is your drive? Is your firmware updated?
 What kinda noise did it make? What kinda media did you use?
 What did you last burn before it made the noise your describing?

First,to thank you your attention, the drive is about two years old, about the firmware,nope, I usually burn CD-RW of the Princo brand; the kind of noise was like a buzzing, and your hint is the first thing to do right now. I hope it will work.

[QUOTE=grbyslzr;2124754]

How old is your drive? Is your firmware updated?
 What kinda noise did it make? What kinda media did you use?
 What did you last burn before it made the noise your describing?

First,to thank you your attention, the drive is about two years old, about the firmware,nope, I usually burn CD-RW of the Princo brand; the kind of noise was like a buzzing, and your hint is the first thing to do right now. I hope it will work.[/QUOTE]

RW media are only good for archives but not good for music burning…get CD-R media instead so they won’t cost you so much. RW are good but eventually you won’t be able to erase them after a certain read and write.