My burned CDs won't play in my car. Possible new solution

I know this question’s been asked before but none of the solution offered have worked for me.
After some research; would it be possible that the reason homemade Cds won’t play in older cars is because according to the manual there must be a 4 secondes gap in between tracks and Windows Media XP burns the tracts with a standard set 2 second gap.
Could someone on this forum who has a burner that can ajust the number of seconds to 4 experiment with this?

If this is the solution to this wide spread problem it would be imperable to come up with an upgrade to WMP to make this feature available.

Thanks

Welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

Have you tried the usual fixes, such as using quality media and burning your audio at 16x?

[QUOTE=Arachne;2113147]Welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

Have you tried the usual fixes, such as using quality media and burning your audio at 16x?[/QUOTE]

Bitsetting if using + media… :cool:

[QUOTE=soulsurvivor;2113149]Bitsetting if using + media… :cool:[/QUOTE]

LOL.
Cd’s don’t have plus or minus difference, they are cd-r or cd-rw.

@ riviera1992,

Also welcome to the Forum.

I would hazard a guess that your problem has very little to do with the particular time gap between audio tracks but more to do with the Quality of the Blank CD Media you are using.

Suggest obtaining known proven quality blank CD Media the consistently produces quality error free results such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim CD Media.

Also Microsoft Windows Media XP is an absolute garbage software program for recording CD’s or for that matter any other function.

Suggest visiting the General Software Forum Read First posting titled “Free Downloads” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f3/free-downloads-your-welcome-128075) and under “CD/DVD Burning” use on of the software programs listed there.

Regards,
bjkg

I have only found one brand of cd that will play anywhere I put it and it is the Taiyo Yuden brand and they are very cheap for a 100 pack from Rima.com

http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=R&Product_Code=1160&Category_Code=CM

You might look around and see if you can find any of the old 650mb/74min CDRs. I have seen and heard of a few car cd players that will only play that size recordable.

Rusty

Thank you so very much everyone for your suggestions. I did burn at 16x and did upgrade to better quality or so I thought.

I’ll try the Tayio Yuden brand and download the suggested burners. I’ll let you know if it works.

I just wanted to add that with dvd r media there is a (Value line) of taiyo yuden so make sure to stay away from the value line of taiyo yuned and I am not sure if the cd r’s come in both lines or not but I did get tricked into buying a 100Pk of taiyo yuden cd r’s from shop4tech ans when I called them they sais that the value line and the regular line are the same cd just different packaging well I am not going to buy from them againg untill I can verify and if you buy from rima.com you will always get the “GOOD” brand

[QUOTE=riviera1992;2113129]I know this question’s been asked before but none of the solution offered have worked for me.
After some research; would it be possible that the reason homemade Cds won’t play in older cars is because according to [B]the manual there must be a 4 secondes gap in between tracks[/B] and Windows Media XP burns the tracts with a standard set 2 second gap.
Could someone on this forum who has a burner that can ajust the number of seconds to 4 experiment with this?

If this is the solution to this wide spread problem it would be imperable to come up with an upgrade to WMP to make this feature available.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Never heard about that…
Would make no difference IMO.