My BIOS is dead

vbimport

I’m not sure how old these messages are but I really need some help. I also own a T4150 Emachine. My BIOS has gone corrupt and of course Emachine and FIC both dont want to help, they just want to sell me a new computer. I need a copy of the BIOS really badly. If you could e-mail me (TrueRollers03@sbcglobal.net) I can guide you through the process of getting a copy for me. Please help and thankyou if you do.

Hi TrueRollers,

Welcome to our forum?

Your BIOS is toasted? Well there are two ways to get your machine up and running again (I’m not considering a new mainboard as an option):

1. Hotflash your bios: get an idendentical BIOS chip from another identical mainboard, install it and boot it. While the system is running, replace the chip by the toasted one, and flash it with a new BIOS version. That should work out!

2. Get yourself a new BIOS. I believe this website can fix you up with a new one…

If you know what input it asks for, make a batch file on a bootable floppy disk that says

flash bios.bin (with correct names of flasher and bios file)

then hit y or n as it asks questions or whatever. Some boards will do this automatically if you just put the bios file on a disk and boot.

buy from them another bios chip !!!
it should not cost much !