My benq dw1610 is dead!

vbimport

Help please! For some time I have been unable to burn DVD -R with my benq dw 1610 but it worked fine with +r and cd’s. I followed a thread in this forum where someone had a similar problem and he flashed the CVT version of f/w B7T9 which solved his probelm. I tried the same thing and now my drive is dead. I can’t open the door and Record Now can’t see the drive. I have run the benq utility fw check which sees the drive as “ATAPI DVD DL DW1610 Firmware version FS02” I understand that this is the Bot record for the benq drive and that it is supposed to change when I reboot, but it doesn’t. I have tried flashing various other f/w versions but I get the message “unable to update this firmware”. Any ideas please?

try to use a 1610 CVT to return?!
http://dvdpro.club.st/firmware/BenQ/B8S9.cvt.rar

Thanks, I flashed B8S9 and I am back alive! But I still can’t see DVD -R’s. I’ve got Philips 8x. Any ideas?

Now try again to 1620 with B7V9.cv http://download.cdfreaks.com/download/63
Maybe this 1610 FW doesnt support this particular -R.
BTW what media code is it?

I was under the impression that the 1610 was completely different hardware than the 1620. It’s the 1600 that is the same, IIRC.

yes you are rigth !!! I forgot about that!!!
Than Onehung, you might want to try an other -R media code

I don’t know anything about media codes. The Philips is marked R 4.7 Version 2.0 + revision 3.0. It is single sided 120 min video, 4.7 GB data. I take it from the above exchange that I should not try the update to B7V9.CVT.

If you have the latest Nero (if not than upgrade) open cd-dvd speed ==> disc info.
Or just dowload it!

I don’t know anything about media codes. The Philips is marked R 4.7 Version 2.0 + revision 3.0. It is single sided 120 min video, 4.7 GB data. I take it from the above exchange that I should not try the update to B7V9.CVT.

Do NOT flash your drive with B7V9 .CVT. You are correct. B7V9 is for the 1620 not the 1610.