My BENQ can't booktype (DVD-ROM)

Hello CDFreaks Members.
I have a problem with BENQ ( MSI ). It is actually an MSI DR16-B4. But it has a serial number of BENQ.

The problem seems to be with bitsetting. I have an old DVD Player. I own a DVD of a a Concert. I use it a lot and it began to become scratched. So I decided to back it up. I backed it up on a DVD+R. And it doesn’t work on my DVD Burner. I browsed the internet and found that I should booktype my DVD as a DVD-ROM. I did. But ImgBurn still see the current Profile as a DVD+R and the disc doesn’t work on my old DVD player.

Here is an image of ImgBurn booktype

In Imgburn

ATAPI DVD DC DQ60 1.02 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 1,598,560
Size: 3,273,850,880 bytes
Time: 355:16:10 (MM:SS:FF)

TOC Information:
Session 1... (LBA: 0)
-> Track 01  (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 1598559)
-> LeadOut  (LBA: 1598560)

Disc Control Blocks Information:
ATAPI DVD DC DQ60

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: SONY-D21-00
Book Type: DVD+R
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: SONY-D21-00
Book Type: DVD-ROM
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 1,795,167
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

When I insert my original Disc. It states “Current Profile: DVD-ROM”
btw, I tried DVDInfo Pro. Every time I try to click on +RW. the program freezes and I can’t even terminate the process from “Task Manager”

What could be the problem ?

@Yamadron

You have to find out what BenQ it is and Crossflash it. Then you can use QSuite and set the Booktypes to DVD-Rom. Many of us have done it,but you need to be sure of witch BenQ rebadge it is.

I did a search:MSI DR16-B4 (Benq 1670 or DQ60). It isn’t a true BenQ and I don’t know if it can Bitset.

Burn On,
                         Russell

Oh, Thanks Pernal.
I would like of course to Cross-Flash it. But How did you know that DW1670 would be appropriate with it ? I am afraid to try to cross-flash with a not compatible Firmware and I brick my DVD Burner :S

That is correct, You can brick your dvdrw if you use the fw from the wrong drive.
I have 4 BenQs: 2 Plextor PX-740 @ BenQ DD DW-1640 and 2 HP DVD640i @ BenQ DD DW-1625.
The reason I told you it was 1670 is a search here:http://club.cdfreaks.com/1579365-post240.html.
It is your drive, your choice and your brick (If something should go wrong)

Burn On,
Russell

PS. I trust most of the people here with my stuff. The choice is yours; do a little searching and find out . SHIT HAPPENS!

Thanks for the reply. All I just wanted from you is to make me cheer up a little :frowning:

I pm’ed him and waiting for his response. Thanks :slight_smile: