My 7170A won't write on dvds (Incorrect function plus Power Calibration Area error)

vbimport

I don’t know how it happened, but my 7170A stopped functioning as a DVD writer.

It is really weird.

-When I try to burn in any kind of way (nero, windows, roxio, cdburnerxp) it says Power Calibration Area.
-When I try to explore my drive after inserting a blank dvd media it says “Incorrent function”.

Generally, my DVD-Writer behaves as if it became a CD-writer, because that is the only media that works with it.

Immm soooo desperate… Any solution for my problem?

[QUOTE=laufgas;2038827]I don’t know how it happened, but my 7170A stopped functioning as a DVD writer.

It is really weird.

-When I try to burn in any kind of way (nero, windows, roxio, cdburnerxp) it says Power Calibration Area.
-[B]When I try to explore my drive after inserting a blank dvd media it says “Incorrent function”.[/B]

[B]Generally, my DVD-Writer behaves as if it became a[B] CD[/B]-writer, because that is the only media that works with it.[/B]

Immm soooo desperate… Any solution for my problem?[/QUOTE]

You cannot “explore” a blank media because its BLANK.
Secondly, cd-drive icon is normal because windooze has no dvd (blank/write) legacy support.

Get reliable media like Verbatim & TY and try again.

If you receive the “Power calibration area is (almost) full” or “Power calibration error” error message, the cause will be either poor media, poor power, or a defective recorder.

You can try the following solutions:

1. Firmware : Please update the firmware of your recorder. Please check the manufacturer’s website for the latest version.

2. Brand : You may try another brand of media.

3. Power Connectors: Try different power connectors, and for recorders, do not share power with other devices. It needs its own power connector. If the error occurs with an external recorder, the power source in the chassis could be the cause. As a test, try to take the recorder out of the external chassis and connect it internal.

4. Configurations : Try different configurations, such as taking the CD-ROM to the primary IDE bus as slave and have only the recorder connected to the secondary IDE bus as master.

5. Service : And… finally ; Send the recorder in for service. :bigsmile:<!-- / message -->