My 52 speed writer died

Well my PC died first so I tipped it on its side and managed to fix, no probs… However…

I didnt not realise there was a CD in the writer… Would it open the writer tray when I tried? No…Used a paper clip in the hole and it seemed to open a little… So I dragged the tray out…CRUNCH!

'Course coz the writer now wont close or open I have invalidated my warranty by breaking it myself. So I opened it up and Ive found the cog that opens the tray has had the teeth chewed off.

I Email tech support at Liteonit in europe asking id they cold send a cog and I havent had a reply after 4 days… Has anyone been in touch with them? Do they reply?

Thanks for any suggestions etc Looks like im going to get a new writer… Id advise anyone to be VERY carefull if a CD gets stuck in theirs. They dont seem to be very sturdy!!!

why not try to send the broken one back in? in the worst case you may not seeing the drive again… anyway, you’ve got nothing to loose (well, maybe a little shipping/handling fee)

Originally posted by MetatronUK
[B]Well my PC died first so I tipped it on its side and managed to fix, no probs… However…

I didnt not realise there was a CD in the writer… Would it open the writer tray when I tried? No…Used a paper clip in the hole and it seemed to open a little… So I dragged the tray out…CRUNCH!

'Course coz the writer now wont close or open I have invalidated my warranty by breaking it myself. So I opened it up and Ive found the cog that opens the tray has had the teeth chewed off.

I Email tech support at Liteonit in europe asking id they cold send a cog and I havent had a reply after 4 days… Has anyone been in touch with them? Do they reply?

Thanks for any suggestions etc Looks like im going to get a new writer… Id advise anyone to be VERY carefull if a CD gets stuck in theirs. They dont seem to be very sturdy!!! [/B]

The lasthing you can do is open it,take some pic of its chipset,etc and share with others in Cdfreaks :frowning:

sorry,bad luck :frowning:

They are sending me a replacement cog !!!

Excellent Tech support from LITEON. It seems these guys have it sorted.