My 3530A update iodate oem v323 failed ,help~

NEC 3530A FW 3.01
yesterday i updated the fw to Iodate oem firmware 3.23fast which download form http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/3530/

the binflash says the upgrade was sucess , then i reboot the computer
the win xp could recognize the DVD-RW , but when i put a blank RITEK DVD+R disc into it , there is a noise sounds " da da da da" .The dvd-rw cannot rocognize the disk.i tried every disk includ cd cdr cdrw dvd-r dvd+r and dvd-rom , the same apperarance.I think the new firmware does not work.

i wanna re-flash the fw to ver 301 but the binflash fail to update the fw

when i push the Flash button
the binflash stay 2min with the message “sending firmware to …”
the led on the dvdrw twinkling
then it reported “error sending firmware”

could anybody help me , my 3530a dosenot work ,thanks

I have tried Binflah &TDB
could not be flashed

Hi,

I tried to update my NEC 3530 drive, installed on my Dell dimension 9150, to firmware 3.23. After rebooting my computer does not recognise my NEC drive anymore!

I tried looking in my BIOS but the drive is not recognised there either… :sad:

What to do?

The obvious thing would be flashing the drive back to my old firmware but I need my computer to recognise it first. A hard reset of the BIOS did not help and I checked the cables to be sure.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Eisselstijn

Could you please check the drive LED when you reboot your PC.

1. LED turns on for a few seconds
  2. LED keeps blinking
  3. LED stays dark
  4. LED stays lit

These are the meanings:

1. That’s what the drive should be. Probably the eject button works too. The drive should be working fine, but there must be a cabling problem or the IDE mode (master/slave) is not correct.

2. Something went wrong while flashing the drive and it doesn’t have a valid firmware. In this case you need to flash a regular firmware again

3. Either your drive is bricked or something’s wrong with the drive’s power supply/cabling.

4. Drive is probably bricked

Thanks for responding!

The first situation occurs. The cables are working fine. Should I delete the IDE drivers?

First while rebooting the computer it gave the following messages:

drive 4 not found: parallel ATA, PATA-0 (PRI IDE MASTER)
drive 5 not found: parallel ATA, PATA-1 (PRI IDE SLAVE)

I tinkered with the BIOS and now I do not get these messages, but I think the still give a clue on the root cause of my issue.

It’s hard to say why your drive is not recognized. Since your drive isn’t even recognized by the BIOS, deleting IDE drivers probably won’t help. There can be several reasons for your problem.

1. Is your drive set to master?
  2. Does your BIOS recognize a harddisc when it’s attached to the same cable instead of your burner?
  3. Are the pins of your drive’s IDE connector still OK?

I will check that in a minute! But is it possible that the cable and pins can be damaged by performing a firmware flash alone?

I just deleted the upper- and lowerfilters in the registry and did a reboot. Via device manager > dvd-/cd-rom-stations I checked for new plug and play hardware. It recognised the NEC drive for a couple of seconds and then gave the message that it cannot be installed because of ‘problems’.

I forgot to mention that I have second dvd-rom drive that is still recognised.

[quote=Liggy;2048569]It’s hard to say why your drive is not recognized. Since your drive isn’t even recognized by the BIOS, deleting IDE drivers probably won’t help. There can be several reasons for your problem.

1. Is your drive set to master?

2. Does your BIOS recognize a harddisc when it’s attached to the same cable instead of your burner?

3. Are the pins of your drive’s IDE connector still OK?[/quote]

4. it seems to be set to slave, but that was always the case.

5. am checking now…

6. yes they are.

Issue solved. I uncoupled both dvd-drives and connected the NEC drive to the cable where the DVD-rom was connected. Suddenly my computer recognised the NEC drive so I could install my old firmware to it. Then I put the drives in their old locations with their old cables and ‘BANG’ they both work!!! :slight_smile:

Thanks for helping!