My 20A4P will not finish finalizing (imgbrn)

@Bob: My 20A4P will not finish finalizing (imgbrn). I get an error (finalizing failed or something like that). Trying to burn Verb +R DL @2.4x (hooked up to jmicron IDE port).
If I put drive on my older system (IC7-G), burns are fine. Any suggestions? Firmware is stock 9P56.

Regards

[QUOTE=jeff1948;1977969]@Bob: My 20A4P will not finish finalizing (imgbrn). I get an error (finalizing failed or something like that). Trying to burn Verb +R DL @2.4x (hooked up to jmicron IDE port).
If I put drive on my older system (IC7-G), burns are fine. Any suggestions? Firmware is stock 9P56.

Regards[/QUOTE]wow i wouldn’t mind having that firmware also :flower:

Is your drive running in UDMA4? What burst rate do you get with Nero CD-DVD Speed?

Are you using MS drivers on your jmicron controller?

@Bob, et al: Forgot to mention that I moved my Plex 716 from old system to new and hooked up to the jmicron without changing anything and burned at 4x with no problem.
I have read some other obscure posts infering there maybe a compatability issue between liteon and the jmicron (driver?). Can anyone confirm?

If you tell me how, I can try to upload my 9P56 firmware later this evening.

regards

[QUOTE=jeff1948;1978087]@Bob, et al: Forgot to mention that I moved my Plex 716 from old system to new and hooked up to the jmicron without changing anything and burned at 4x with no problem.
I have read some other obscure posts infering there maybe a compatability issue between liteon and the jmicron (driver?). Can anyone confirm?

If you tell me how, I can try to upload my 9P56 firmware later this evening.

regards[/QUOTE]Jeff if you go into the Device Manager see if you are using jmicron driver or M$ driver.

I use M$ drivers with my jmicron controller.

Here is the info on how to dump/Read your firmware > http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/flash-utility-liteon-based-optical-drives-v2-2-2-20a4-support-190420/

Any particular v of the M$ driver?

I’ll upload 56 2nite

Here is a screen shot for you. PM me when you upload it please…

At the risk of duble posting:
@Bob: Sorry, but I made quite the mistake: the firmware is not 9P56, it is 9P54. My sincere aplgs.

M$ driver on new system (where liteon won’t finalize): it is M$ 5.1.2600.2180 (came with winxp sp2).

M$ driver on old system (where liteon DOES finalize): 5.1.2600.1106

Does the 9P57 work for +r DL ?

Regards.

lol i’m mixed up on which thread to post :doh: :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s odd. Can you get the other version off of the old system and put it on the other? :bigsmile:

I used 9P57 last night on 4 SL burns and played one earlier and worked fine. I haven’t used a +R DL yet.

Yes, i just copied drivers to flash drive and i’m going to try it out.
Again, sorry for my mixup, i’m usually not this disjointed.

But +R DL works OK with 9P54, right?

[QUOTE=jeff1948;1978247]Yes, i just copied drivers to flash drive and i’m going to try it out.
Again, sorry for my mixup, i’m usually not this disjointed.

But +R DL works OK with 9P54, right?[/QUOTE]yep

I think CK was changing to make your thread and that was the mix up.

I use ImgBurn and AnyDVD for most all my +R DL burns.

Well I knew from along time ago you just can’t copy and paste drivers, but I thought I’d try anyway. Well you can copy and paste, but when you re-boot, the drivers revert to the SP2 version.

There is a hotfix available which allows you to revert to an SP1a version. I’m going to try it later and let u know.
Regards