My 112D can´t burn CD-R/RW

vbimport

Hi all,

Well, after many DVD and CD-R´s burned, my Pioneer 112D has just stopped writting CD-R media. I recently use to buy Traxdata (Ritek) because it burn ok. Verbatim doesn´t work. Now, no brand is supported. At 3-5% of burning process it stop writting and give me an error. DMA is correctly (but not #4) so transfer problem is not present.

I´m using the 1.24 oficial firmware, so it´s up to date. When I was using the firmware 1.21, I had contacted to the spanish people from Pioneer and gave them the MID of the Verbatim disk. But now seems to be worse, no CD-R is burned. :confused:

This is the media I´m using:

Traxdata

Disc type: : CD-R
Manufacturer: : Ritek
MID : 97m15s17f
Write speeds: : 16 X - 24 X - 40 X - 48 X
Capacity: : 79:59.70 : 703 MB

Verbatim

Disc type: : CD-R
Manufacturer: : Plasmon
MID : 97m27s18f
Write speeds: : 16 X - 24 X - 40 X - 48 X
Capacity: : 79:59.74 : 703 MB

So I bought a LG H55, and works really nice, no problem by now. :iagree:

But I wonder if I can crossflash my old 112D with the A12J_1.24_Firmware, and If this could solve the problem with CD-R media. (I think there´s no way but…)

Any of your opinions are welcome.
Thanks,

backfolder.-

Hi and Welcome[quote=backfolder;2084399]
Well, after many DVD and CD-R´s burned, my Pioneer 112D has just stopped writting CD-R media. [/quote]This is a common issue for some 112 drives.
Please read this notification from Pioneer electronics and contact your local Pioneer support department.

Michael

Unfortunately…

[B]This online form is for United States customers only.[/B]

Thanks anyway, I will contact with European/Spain site.

backfolder.-

@ backfolder,

Unfortunately your above referenced quoted statement is incorrect. For the Pioneer DVR-112D to function at optimal performance and operate correctly the Pioneer DVR-112D needs to operated in the Ultra DMA Mode 4 (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/troubleshooting-enabling-checking-dma-windows-vista-xp-2000-me-9x-101616) and be connected to an Ultra DMA (80-Conductor) IDE/ATA Cable (http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/if/ide/confCable80-c.html).

Regards,
bjkg