MW4 Black Knight CD protection after update

I downloaded a CloneCD image of this add-on expansion, and burned it using my unmodified LTR-32123S with the latest firmware from LiteOn’s website. The CD installs fine, and plays fine until I try to update Black Knight to v1.0, then the game no longer sees the disc.
Clony XXL sees it as SafeDisc v2 protection, which my drive can handle. Did MicroSuk add some sort of CDR detection to the Black Knight v1.0 update? :frowning:

If you downloaded it, you don’t own it, so you’ll get no help here. Warez are NOT supported at this site. :cop:

I just bought it at EB used. So now that I have a legal copy, does the update install a CDR detection. I’d rather use my CDR copy than my original… For keeping original safe.

cough cough bullshit cough cough:wink:

Originally posted by Stomp357
I just bought it at EB used. So now that I have a legal copy, does the update install a CDR detection. I’d rather use my CDR copy than my original… For keeping original safe.

Well … if you’ve bought the original, just use clonecd to make a back-up of that. Your Lite-on writer won’t have any problems in copying it since it handles safedisc 2 just fine. :wink:

I made a backup from original CD-ROM onto a CDRW, and it still doesn’t detect the disc after updating it to v1.0. I guess MS found a way to get by CD backup schemes Has anyone been able to backup their copy of Black Knight, and play it after updating?
As for the pirating crap before I got the legal disc… I could have just used a No CD patch for version 1.0 of Black Knight, but I like having 1:1 copies that don’t use hacks, and such. Since every new game being made uses protection that no CDRW drive can handle to produce 1:1 copies, I see no point in downloading pirated software these days anyway.:cop: