mVCD-DCvCD.mpg Burn to CD-R

If I have a video that is in the mVCD-DCvCD.mpg format I was told that it could be burned onto a CD-R and that it would play on a standard home DVD player. But all my attemps have failed.
So which burning software should I use to do this and are there any special settings? Or which software is the quickest/easyest and what are the important setting?
P.S. I have to thank you for letting me join this forum, I can’t even begin to till you how many issues I solved checking here first.
THANK YOU!

WHAT format should that be?
I’m sure its just named that way, but that means nearly nothing.

Scan with GSpot.

[QUOTE=jh_masterson;1872834]<SNIPERONI>So which burning software should I use to do this and are there any special settings? Or which software is the quickest/easyest and what are the important setting?
<SNIPERONI>
THANK YOU![/QUOTE]

Here is a link to a tutorial from some fellas that know a bit about that there file you speak of: http://www.mvcd-dcvcd.net/BURN.html

FYI: Those files can be found on U.N., FTPs and possibly torrents (I don’t use torrents but I suspect they get leaked there) and are usually of the [cough] home movie type. They do fit on CDs and they will play in your regular old home DVD player if they are valid and not lamer made/bait.

Have phun.

[QUOTE=deloppoled;1953652]Here is a link to a tutorial from some fellas that know a bit about that there file you speak of: http://www.mvcd-dcvcd.net/BURN.html

FYI: Those files can be found on U.N., FTPs and possibly torrents (I don’t use torrents but I suspect they get leaked there) and are usually of the [cough] home movie type. They do fit on CDs [B]and they will play in your regular old home DVD player if they are valid and not lamer made/bait.[/B]

Have phun.[/QUOTE]

Not true, the biggest factor is always the player itself.

I stand corrected. Now that you mention it there was one case where a lady from the office could not get a couple of them to work in her DVD player. Unless other loaners have went unplayed AND unreported (to me) that would make one instance out of approximately three dozen instances that failed – counting the ones I have played in my DVD players, loaned out to family, friends and coworkers.

So, individual results may vary, but worth a try!

Good luck and have phun!