Muti Cdrws

vbimport

is there any way to have 3-8 cdrws in one computer and what cables if u can do it all i need is info like what kind of cables mb if needed and how to rig it up :cool:

Right now I have 4 cdrw hooked in my computer.
setup using an Abit TH7II RAID mobo.

primaire master: toshiba 1612dvd
primaire slave: Acer 24/12/40
secundaire master:Lite-on 40/12/48
secundaire slave: nothing(yet;))

Raid:
primaire master: harddisk 40gig
primaire slave: harddisk 60gig
secundaire master:harddisk 80gig
secundaire slave: harddisk 80gig

on an adaptec 2940scsi card
-2 plextor 12/10/32
-1 ultraplex 40x

For burning (all at the same tim) I use:

cdrwin, nero and clonecd.

thx you

You can have 15 writers per SCSI 320 card. So if you install 4 SCSI cards you could have 50 writers.

Dunno where you going to stack them , but okay :slight_smile:

just scsi cards and cables thats all ??? no new mb or any thing if so send me a link please of a good SCSI card

Originally posted by Elite_Toxic
just scsi cards and cables thats all ??? no new mb or any thing if so send me a link please of a good SCSI card

well you gotta check if your mobo can handle 4 pci scsi 320 cards , but in general it should be no problem.

of course you can’t fit the 50 writers in your normal computer case so you’ll need the cases with the scsi cables.

and of course 4 external cables.

link ? www.adaptec.com

by the way , if you are really going to build that i wanna see some pictures :slight_smile:

haha thx but im not worryed about 50 cdrws :stuck_out_tongue: all i wanted to do was get a 8 bay case and put 8 cdrws in it and i wanted to know what mb and what cards and cables i needed b/c im new to scsi and RAID

Originally posted by Elite_Toxic
haha thx but im not worryed about 50 cdrws :stuck_out_tongue: all i wanted to do was get a 8 bay case and put 8 cdrws in it and i wanted to know what mb and what cards and cables i needed b/c im new to scsi and RAID

well , you need

• 1 x Adaptec U320 SCSI controller
  • 1 x external cable to connect controller to external case. This can depend on the connection of the case. Quite expensive cables
  • 8 x scsi cd-rw’s
  • a terminator (best to have active ones)

a single U320 can attach 15 scsi devices , so you could stil have a scsi scanner , but i wouldn’t recommend installing that on the same scsi ring as the writers , since the entire busspeed will go down then.

learn all about scsi on adaptec’s website. They’re the kings of scsi.

thx for the help