MusicMatch

I am a MusicMatch user who is not happy with Yahoo jukebox. My MusicMatch app quit working and I had to uninstall. I thought I wouldn’t have a problem with reinstalling since I have my original CD. However, I am having a problem reinstalling MusicMatch 7.2 even though I am using my original CD and have my license key. The install program launches, but hangs up before installation is complete. To add insult to injury, you have to edit the registry to get rid of the bad install. I’m running Windows XP and would like to know if anyone knows what the problem is and/or howit might be corrected. I’ve found a website called oldapps and downloaded version 10.3 but I’m a little leery about installing from a site I don’t know. Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to CDF’s:

I use MMB everyday. I think it’s version 10.? with XP Pro. I’ve been trying to get rid of the nag screen to use Yahoo’s crap.

Yes, I’m learning to live with that as well. I can’t figure out why an install from the CD doesn’t work anymore. I have checked the boxes not to register, look for updates or request additional offers thinking it may be going to a dead website.

i have recently become interested in embeding album art into the mp3 itself and after searching here and other sites it’s suggested that musicmatch does this and it does but i have noticed a very strange error of sorts i guess it would be… i had an album encoded with lame 3.98 using V0 preset and after i embeded the album art file i look at the files in audio identifier to see what changes where made and almost all the files identified different encoders and different versions of lame some where just LAME some where LAME 3.97… etc… there where even a few identified as FhG.?! haha i’m not sure if anyone has noticed this or not but is there a fix for this in v10.? i’m using v9 also i like my app for tagging and don’t really want to change but if anyone knows a better app for embeding album art into meta plaes suggest any… Thanks.

i only use musicmatch to embed album art i use cd tag to tag.