Musicmatch 7.2 won't uninstall

I use windows XP home.

c:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\Uninst.isu’ is not valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not continue. Any help would be appreciated. Installing, rebooting and deleting doesn’t work.

Have you tried installing Music Match over the top of itself and then uninstalling?

BTW, have you done an error check / correction on the hard drive, flushed out all temp files, etc?

Yes I tried reinstalling it over itself to no avail. I will try your other suggestions about the disck check etc. I use CCleaner routinely to remove temp files. Thanks for your response.

You’re welcome.

Sometimes I have to manually uninstall something by deleting its install folder, searching the registry for entries and deleting those, then installing an app to a different folder.

BTW, I use Music Match 7.5, which I like a great deal. Glad to see another Music Match user out there.

I’ll deleted the folder and tried reinstalling the program. It hangs up in the last stages of installation. I’ll try it again after rebooting this time. I have always avoided manually messing with registry entries. I’m not sure how to search registries for anything, but I don’t even know how to do that. By the way I am a Musicmatch junkie and feel lost without it, even though I have Nero.

Nothing seems to work on this problem, I guess I’ll have to re-format the hard drive and start fresh to fix the problem.

I’m sorry that it did not work for you. Good luck with the reformat and reinstall. Sometimes, even though that can be a pain, it can end solving a variety of problems and help make the system stable again.

What operating system are you runing.

It has been 4 weeks but I sucessfully found a way to remove this or any other program that won’t unistall.

Step 1:
Go to Command Prompt

Step 2:
Now type DEL then type in the mm directory. Typicaly C:\Program Files\Music Match
It will ask you if you want to type Y and then press enter.

Step 3:
Exit Command Prompt then go to the Directory (C:\Program Files\Music Match) now right click > Delte. The program will be gone for good.

Hope that helps any one.

Hi Id33k:
I´ve tried your steps, but when in the Command Prompt (black DOS window)
I type this:
[B]C:>DEL C:\Archivos de programa\MUSICMATCH[/B]
(Because my WIN XP is in spanish…Archivos de programa=Program Files)
It cannot recognize that command (nor anything related to it)…
Am I doing it right?

Hello i have the same problem that hoperwill describe, Musicmatch 7.2 won’t uninstall from my pc. I use windows XP. I try to uninstall this program using the panel control but doesn’t work and any time that i try to uninstall MM7.2 this message appears:

c:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\Uninst.isu’ is not valid or the data has been corrupted.

Uninstallation will not continue. Any help would be appreciated. Installing, rebooting and deleting doesn’t work.

How do i unistall the musicmatch 7.2?

I hope that some one can help me, I gone try to check this website frecuently, or you can send me a mail. thanks for you time and help.

I use MMB 10 works fine with XP Pro.

See post tut
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=219101

sorry 4 all the spelling mistakes…

ok people, forget all the solution above, ive go the 5min fix! without downloadin other clean up apps.
i kno b’cuz ive jus done it.

ok, i love musicmatch, it what i use 2 orginise n tag my mp3’s
i was runnin 7.2 on 3 of my pc’s, had it on my newest one, but this pc’s hard drive got a bad cluster and didnt load up windows xp anymore, so i had 2 have it formatted.
ok, pc is back up n runnin jus fine, got all the old prog.s back up, all except musicmatch!
it seems like someone else has encountered the exact same problem as me!
gone 2 run the set up, install shield loads to 100%, install wizard comes up, go thru the process, but in ur details, set it up, click 2 go, does the 100% bar thing again, then gets stuck on the preparing to install screen, it doesnt appear 2 do anything after that! this was ment 2b the final step.
so u close that down, error msg comes up, prog. not responding bla bla bla.
it would appear music match is on ur comp, the shortcuts r there, but if u go 2 load it, nothing comes up, jus slows down ur comp, alsas it hasnt installed properly, this u already know. u go 2 the add/remove in control panel, but u cant delete it, because u get that erroer msg, which is in the top post. unable 2 locate bla bla uninstalltion will not continue.

the solution, gotta go in manually, dont b scared, very easy
if its on C:, go 2 program files, find the folder n delete it
(note if u have tried 2 load music match, it wont delete everything, so switch off ur comp fisrt, then on again - dont try loadin music match)
delete shortcus from desk top, and start bar.

then do the following steps…

phase 1.

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
  2. Locate and click the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
  3. After you identify the registry key that represents the program that is still in Add/Remove Programs, right-click the key, and then click Delete. In other words, delete the music match folder.

Phase 2
Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and find the folder for the application. Delete the folder.

now ur comp is free of msuic match totally! if u look on add/remove progs on control panel, it will no longer be there.

problem - if u try 2 reinstall music match 7.2 u will have the same problem all over again, it just wont complete the final part of installation!

run a search 4 musicmatch, all u will find is a shortcut 2 burner plus, u can delete that 2 as burner plus is no longer on the comp.