Musicans file legal brief supporting file sharing

vbimport

I just posted the article Musicans file legal brief supporting file sharing.

DamnedIfIknow used our news submit to tell us "Oh my God! Common sense.....what is the world coming to?  :)"              Looks like some of the older musicians and groups  that can afford...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9945-Musicans-file-legal-brief-supporting-file-sharing.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9945-Musicans-file-legal-brief-supporting-file-sharing.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I love it every time I see any Metallica stuff on p2p networks. They are to blame for these fuckups and noone should forget it.

as in all things… once the pot full of crap heats up, common sense will boil to the top… just sometimes it takes alot of heat to boil the pot.

Why the hell do musicians need labels any more? Unless they want to be the Britney Spears kind of artist, making crap music that will be brainwashed and force-fed to people by the media. Any true artist can get the publicity he needs on the web. Sites, music forums, p2p networks. That’s where I find all the info I want. And judge by myself if the songs are good, by downloading them! Just put-up a paypal donation button fellow musicians. I’ll be glad to give you 10$ …if you are worth it! That’s -more- than you get payed per album… isn’t it?

“I love it every time I see any Metallica stuff on p2p networks. They are to blame for these fuckups and noone should forget it.” I recall seeing Lars on TV saying they don’t care if people download their music, they were just pissed that people could download it before they released it.

The record industry wont let this happen because they aren’t needed at all with the new model. The artists get the file sharing programs to put their music on it, at that point they then have a distribution model. They then just contact a marketting company, pay them whatever, and the company markets them just like marketting any other product. The huge cut the record industry takes then disappears. They’d go bankrupt.