Music video onto a DVD

I have legally downloaded some music videos off a website but its MP4 and ive converted it to DVD Video and burned this onto a DVD+RW.Now ive played this in my Sony DVD Recorder 890B and get a title menu and the whole of the disc is used for a 7 minute video not letting me add more to this.The information is showing 4.4 g total and the 7 minute video is using 4.1 g.Any help please??

[QUOTE=marcus1971;2312480]I have legally downloaded some music videos off a website but its MP4 and ive converted it to DVD Video and burned this onto a DVD+RW.Now ive played this in my Sony DVD Recorder 890B and get a title menu and the whole of the disc is used for a 7 minute video not letting me add more to this.The information is showing 4.4 g total and the 7 minute video is using 4.1 g.Any help please??[/QUOTE]

What did you use to convert to dvd format? What was the MP4’s original size, and have you tried lowering the output target size?

Converting mpe4 to dvd-video often times results in larger files, just to maintain the same quality. The mpeg2 codec used in dvd video is not as efficient in compression.

What did you use to convert? A 7 minute video should be somewhere in the 300mb range when converted to good quality mpeg2. (very rough estimate here, since this can vary a lot due to resolution and bitrate used)

Try a different conversion program. We often recommend AVStoDVD, DVDFlick and FAVC to go from various video formats to a complete dvd-video.