Music Video Audio to CD?

Is it legal to copy the audio from a music Video? Is it possible to do so?
I have Nero, can that program be used to accomplish this task? If not can anyone recommend a good freeware program I might use.

Thanks to all.

dj-mu

Welcome to CD Freaks :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=dj-mu;2224838]Is it legal to copy the audio from a music Video?[/QUOTE]
It depends a lot of on the copyright of the video and what you intend using the audio for, in much the same way as copying audio from another audio file. :wink:

If you are looking to extract the sound track from a few videos and don’t mind doing this track by track, my preferred utility is AviDemux, a very good audio and video muxing/demuxing encoding/decoding freeware utility which you can get from their website here. It supports a wide range of audio and video codecs also.

To extract the sound track in AviDemux:

[ol]
[li]Launch AviDemux, click ‘Open’, select the video and open it.[/li][li]If it requests to Index it, click ‘Yes’ and wait a moment to process.[/li][li]If it gives a warning about frame accuracy, aspect ratio, etc. just accept it.[/li][li]Go into the Audio menu and select “Save…”[/li][li]Give a filename for the audio track, with ‘.wav’ at the end, e.g. “Music video soundtrack.wav”[/li][li]Click ‘Save’ and wait a moment to complete.[/li][/ol]

[QUOTE=dj-mu;2224838]Is it legal to copy the audio from a music Video? Is it possible to do so?
I have Nero, can that program be used to accomplish this task? If not can anyone recommend a good freeware program I might use.

Thanks to all.

dj-mu[/QUOTE]

Also, you can use Sound Recorder that’s built in freeware software part of all version of Windows to record sound that is currently playing on your pc.

:slight_smile: