Music on youtube?

Is it ok to upload songs from audio cds onto youtube?

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

If audio CDs are protected by copyright, then it’s not legal.

Just get the video clip and your all safe… TV is free for Peer to peer to share

I don’t think this is correct. Video clips are taken down from youtube all the time, usually with the message “this video was removed due to copyright violations”.

It is not legal to share TV between users, at least in Australia. Eg. If you tape something on a VCR, only you can watch that tape, you must not share it, and I believe you must get rid of it within a certain time period.

And if that would be correct the the whole youtube should been taken down long ago. But that’s not the case from what I can see when visiting youtube site with millions of “copy protected” songs/videos.

Glad I’m living in piratebay area, not needing to worry about RIA, Hollywood or what so ever.

Note, I don’t promote uploading copy protected material though. :wink:

[QUOTE=ValHall64;1910105]And if that would be correct the the whole youtube should been taken down long ago. But that’s not the case from what I can see when visiting youtube site with millions of “copy protected” songs/videos.[/QUOTE]
I don’t completely understand what you mean. But unauthorized sharing copyrighted content on youtube is of course illegal. There are employees looking the whole day for such videos in order to report them. YouTube also had problems in the past because of copyright violation. But they worked to remove all problematic content and still do this, so it can’t be held responsible to copyright infringement.

YouTube is indeed a portal that has legitimated use. It also confirms to the DCMA, so there is no reason to take it down. Instead of taking YouTube down you would need to take the Internet down - an irrational move.