Music Editor

vbimport

I’m in search of the perfect music editor. lol not really but pretty close. I want to be able to mix and remove vocals from music files. I won’t mind buying the software either. So if anyone has ever messed with a music editor and has a preference of one, lemme know :bow:

Adobe Audition (formerly known as Goldwave) is a great program.

I’ve been using Soundforge for a couple of years now (about 5) and I still like it a lot. Nowadays, Soundforge is owned by Sony, but I’m still on the classic XP4.5 release (7 is current) as it does everything I want it to do… (in the way I want it to).

What are your goals for using such a piece of software, if I may ask?

I need some software just for removing vocals from music so i can hear the instruments better. Is that illegal or anything? It makes it easier to sing to in church. I’m working with my youth director on this.

proffesional progam for music

Originally posted by Airhead

Cool Edit Pro ( Syntrillium ) is now Adobe Audition

Originally posted by Airhead

I believe that Adobe Audition was formerly Cool Edit Pro. Goldwave is still an active product. I have never tried it but Goldwave FAQ says “How do I remove vocals (lyrics) from music?
Use the Effects | Stereo | Reduce vocals command. The file must be stereo and the vocals must be equal in both channels for this effect to work.”

What you can do with ACID Pro Software