Music Editor Free

vbimport

Hi
I’m sure some of you have used Music Editor Free. I found it user friendly but there was one thing that really annoyed me: They encourage you to contact them, yet as far as I can tell they provide you with no information on how to do this; no phone number, no email. Due to this I didn’t purchase their pro package. Has any one else had this experience?

[QUOTE=bennett123;2521878]Hi
I’m sure some of you have used Music Editor Free. I found it user friendly but there was one thing that really annoyed me: They encourage you to contact them, yet as far as I can tell they provide you with no information on how to do this; no phone number, no email. Due to this I didn’t purchase their pro package. Has any one else had this experience?[/QUOTE]

Friendly Advice … [U]run the other way[/U]… sounds more like spammer/malware then a freeware program…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2521911]Friendly Advice … [U]run the other way[/U]… sounds more like spammer/malware then a freeware program…[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your tip - You may well be right, because I’m pretty thick at recognising such things, but have you visited the site? because it looks authentic to me.

Yeah that looks suspicious to me.

There are no contact details at all on the website even on the page where they ask you to contact them.

It’s your call though. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Most freewares are storing malware/spyware/adware in your PC. That is because they want you to purchase their paid version of antivirus as well as the paid version of the software that you are using.

A piece of advice, do not purchase a software that don’t have a contact support. These 24/7 support will answer your series of questions whenever you are experiencing problems with the software you bought as well as support with the free version.

[QUOTE=bennett123;2521965] because it looks authentic to me.[/QUOTE]

That is misleading however you see it sites have been phished to looked like legit sites…including bank sites…I gotten those phishing request and promptly forward it to the right agency to track those phishers down and shut them down…

Thank you all for your excellent advice. I will now definitely not purchase the pro version and have already removed the freeware.
Anyway, lets hope that this thread will educate a few more naive people like myself.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/music-editor.net
Well, if this is it, Siteadvisor rates it, and the downloads, as green, though of course, things can change.
Some unlinked awards, but the previous version is in at Softpedia

Correction, a LOT of unverifiable “awards”, this is about the only one that can be substantiated, out of any sites who’s opinion I’d count for anything!

The open source Audacity is a safe bet alternative though!
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

[QUOTE=bennett123;2522191]Thank you all for your excellent advice. I will now definitely not purchase the pro version and have already removed the freeware.
Anyway, lets hope that this thread will educate a few more naive people like myself.[/QUOTE]

It’s not naive but it never hurts to just ask the question the worse one can do is not ask and buy it without knowing what it is or where it came from. Just take a little time and ask how would I contact them for troubleshooting and will they charge for the help or not? And if there is no contact even for freeware that should be a “Red Flag” something isn’t right…

I am comfortable with Audacity. But perhaps you already have an audio editor if you installed Nero. WaveEditor comes together with the suite of Nero Burning ROM.

[QUOTE=casejustin80;2522681]I am comfortable with Audacity. But perhaps you already have an audio editor if you installed Nero. WaveEditor comes together with the suite of Nero Burning ROM.[/QUOTE]

Remember Nero isn’t free and the free version is limited as well. So don’t forget the topic talks about something that one doesn’t have to purchase…

Coolcolors, you are right, Nero doesn’t belong here, I beg your pardon. I just wanted to point to the fact that many of us have installed Nero just for the burning or DVD-viewing functions, and didn’t realise there is an audio editor too for the same price.

Re Music Editor Free: I eventually got hold of their email address - support@music-editor.net - I subsequently wrote to them asking about their post sales support - no answer - tried again - still no reply. Anyway, its yet more evidence that they’re probably a dodgy outfit.

[QUOTE=bennett123;2524476]Re Music Editor Free: I eventually got hold of their email address - support@music-editor.net - I subsequently wrote to them asking about their post sales support - no answer - tried again - still no reply. Anyway, its yet more evidence that they’re probably a dodgy outfit.[/QUOTE]

The good part is at least you tried to contact them and they blew you off - it just goes to show there nothing wrong with asking.