Music Editing Software?

Hello all…

I’m just wondering if there is a program that will allow you to cut a section of a song out and burn it onto a disc… eg… I want to take say the chorus of a song, and load it onto a cd or phone as a ring tone…??

Putting the whole song onto the phone in wave format takes up a lot of room and you always get the start of the song when the phone rings…

I guess its like the video editing where you can take frames etc out and make up your own movie…

Can’t say I have heard of one for music, (might be a very good reason for it not being able to be done with music) but you may be able to help…

regards

Hi,

apart from Nero and Roxio (full versions, not OEM bundled) that come with an audio editor, you can try the free Audacity (which is much more versatile than the aformentioned products).

Michael

Yes, Audacity is perfect for your needs, it’s what i use for ringtones and so forth. Very easy to use, good features. If you need some help cutting up your first song, give me a shout. :smiley:

Thanks guys…

I will try audacity to see how I go…It’s good news as I have never heard of it being done…

thanks again…

Read the documentation and howtos on the project website before you begin :slight_smile: You won’t regret it.

Tho not free-Ashampoo Music Studio 3 can do what is needed. The trial is free, btw.

Thanks everybody…

Downloaded audacity and found another one called Wavepad…

Just having fun now using them… Haven’t tried Ashampoo…Wave pad seems to be user friendly and there free…

So thanks for the info…and tips…

I use Adobe Audition because it also creates Dolby surround sound.