Music CD burn noise

When burning a music CD I get random “scratch” noises. It happens on several different CD’s, at various spots backing up the same CD, and does not happen everytime I burn. I have tried burning at various speeds including 2.8. I have tried two different burners using Nero. I can burn DVD’s with no noise using a different program than Nero. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Moved to ‘Audio’ forum…

What brand of CD media are you using?
Have you tried using a different brand? Sometimes a different one will give better results.
I had big problems with some brands of media and now use Verbatim all the time.

All types of media have been used. I don’t think that is the problem. Thanks anyway.

Either your media is crap, your drive is crap or dying, or you’re burning too fast.

By process of elimination, it would seem that your drive is crap or dying.

I wouldn’t rule Nero out either, [B]flier[/B]. Get the latest update from nero.com or try a freeware app like Burrrn.

the 1st logical step would be to rip to .wav files from now on, and see if the ‘scratch’ exists on the ripped .wav BEFORE you burn it to the disc.

You’re probably just ripping the original disc too fast.

@ flier, I wasn’t clear from your original question whether you were burning some audio files that you had already ripped, or whether you are trying to copy an audio CD?

When you say "It happens on several different CD’s, at various spots backing up the same CD, and does not happen everytime I burn."
Did you mean that you have tried this with several different original audio CDs that you are copying ? or were you refering to having tried to burn onto several blank CDs?

The fact that you have tried with 2 burners, and are able to burn DVDs with no problem, tends to rule out a problem with burners.

You say you have tried several brands of media, so that can be ruled out too.

I was going to make the same suggestion as Cressida (beaten to it! :wink: :flower: ) to try Burrrn - which is free. (www.burrrn.net)
It you have no problems with Burrrn, then you can probably look at Nero, and the ripping.