Music burning

I am new to this forum. I am copying music files with the help of nero smart/nero ROM. I have converted all my files into mp3 format. If i copy these files by using the option of “make your cd”, these CDs are played in the normal CD player. When i copy these mp3 music files by using the option of “make mp3” CD the cds are not playing in the normal audio cd player.
Why this is so? But both CDS are playing in the Car video system. If i burn by using the first method i could copy less number of files.
Is there any technique for copying mp3 file in the make mp3 cd mode?
i shall be grateful for clearing my doubt.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

It sounds like your regular CD player doesn’t support MP3s. So creating a regular audio CD is your only opiton there.

Your car player, by contrast, would appear to support regular audio CDs and MP3 CDs.

So I’d say for your regular CD player, either you’re stuck with CD audio (and less files to a disc), or you could upgrade to one that supports MP3 playback. Most recent ones do.

Thank you for your immediate reply. My regular audio player according to the manufaturer supports mp3 format. That is why i raised this doubt. Thanks

Ah, I see, that changes things a bit!

Does the manual also mention anything like supported mp3 bitrate?

For example, my Philips DVD player (quite old) will support MP3 CDs, but gives specific bitrates. Although it will often play bitrates that aren’t mentioned, it’s hit or miss. :slight_smile:

burn at 16x(cd-r) and use good media/blanks

verbatim/sony

^ Yep :iagree:

Whether a CDR or a CDRW disc is being used might be relevant as well. :slight_smile:

I am using Sony. I have tried both CDR and CDRW The result is the same.

Are they VBR encoded audio files? i have trouble playing those on my home player, maybe the newer models do a better job at that.