Multisession CD

vbimport

In a Application which data burn to a multisession CD, i tried to use the Nero API.
After reading the documentation and some tests , i never found a possibility to create a multisession CD respectively to continue.
After burn the first session provide NERO the following Message during import the previous Track “The Track you selected was not created using Nero’s multisession option, References to you local files cannot be automatically restored”.
I created my application based on then neroFiddles sample application.
Is there any sample code to burn, import and continue a multisession Data CD ?

Regards Arno

I cannot remember excactly, but try to burn to an empty CD (first session) with or without --close_session.
I think you dont have to use this parameter. Maybe thatll fix your problem.

Tomas

> Is there any sample code to burn, import and continue a multisession Data CD ?

Yes, please have a look at the NeroCMD code. Importing is done in IsoTrack.cpp with NeroImportIsoTrackEx. To continue a multisession disc you just have to import the session you want to continue and add the resulting NERO_ISO_ITEM to the root of your NERO_ISO_ITEM tree.

To burn the disc with the possibility to later continue it, add the flag NBF_CLOSE_SESSION to dwFlags in NeroBurn.

> After burn the first session provide NERO the following Message during import the previous Track “The Track you selected was not created using Nero’s multisession option, References to you local files cannot be automatically restored”.

The message just indicates that the multisession disc is not written with Nero. This is, because Nero writes additional information on multisession discs which allows it to offer some options like updating files on the disc if the content has changed, etc. NeroAPI does not write this information on the disc. But you can nevertheless continue a multisession disc written with NeroAPI with Nero.

Thank you all. Now it works.

I am currently using the Nero 5.5 Burning ROM Demo version.

FYI, I am using DVD-R media and a SONY DRU DVD writer. I have done my program in Visual C++ 6.0 SP5 in windows 2000 OS.

Problem:-
I need to import the files from the previous sessions while I burn the DVD using NeroApi. I accomplished this using --import “Directory Name” in NeroCmd. But how can I do this in NeroAPI? Can you give me some sample code which includes the data from the previous session and writes the data to this session in the close-session option?

Thanks a lot and your help is really appreciated.  

Regards,
Krishna prasad.

See:
How to use “NeroCmd.exe” to burn a “Multisession DVD-RW”("Start Multisession…
in this forum. Seems we have a problem, Houston…

Originally posted by matze
The message just indicates that the multisession disc is not written with Nero. This is, because Nero writes additional information on multisession discs which allows it to offer some options like updating files on the disc if the content has changed, etc. NeroAPI does not write this information on the disc.

So what information is written by Nero?
I need to update already existing files, so it would be nice to know, what information has to be written additionally.

Thanks in advance!

The information written is some internal information and can not be written manually.

If you want to update existing files, you can do this with NeroAPI. You just need to somehow remember the original pathes of the files, maybe by writing an additional info file to the disc. Then replace the imported iso items, that correspond to the files you want to update, so that NeroAPI writes the content again.

Thanks!

I’ll give it a shot!