Multiple Titles onto DVD? anyway poss?

vbimport

I’VE BEEN TRYING TO FIND HELP.

I’m basically trying to make a DVD or VCD (don’t mind) of episodes of MASH. There are 24 in the series. I know they can’t all fit onto one disc but 8 episodes would do. Can you make a huge file somehow in VCD format and burn it to a DVD as data?. I tried to make 8 titles work on Ulead DVD movie factory burning to hard drive - thought that would work but it wouldn’t do it as it says ‘compilation too large’ - hard drive has lots of space but it still won’t accept it. My idea was to burn 8 or so with the menus and then use DVD shrink to make them fit the DVD 4.7gb.

Is there any other program to make a dvd menu like its so easy with VCD. Then burn to hard drive and dvdshrink afterwards?

Hope I made myself clear - basically just trying to find an easy way to get 8 episodes on one DVD with some sort of title menu screen.

No, that’s not about to work. You wanna a DVD-VIDEO compliant disc - this requires a special title set/structure and content in mpeg2 with specific bitrates & resolutions!!
Max. res is different for PAL and NTSC, max. bitrate is ca. 9800 mbps.

You should check out all dvd guides and info on: videohelp.com

I made such series on DVD by myself, eg. with ENTERPRISE.
Source was xvid with mp3, no dvd compliant res.
I used virtualDub/nandub to edit & fix the source & decompress it.
Then I used a calculator to calc the max. possible bitrate for 8 eps on a SL DVD.
Then used TMPGEnc to TRANSCODE to 352x288 mpeg2 with high bitrate & very good quality.
Then I’ve used TMPGDVDAuthor to create menus n stuff and make a correct DVD structure.
After that: burning time! >>> watching >>>

Just to let anyone know who reads this. I found an answer. I used Nero Vision Express 2 and initially select DVD video disc. After I added 8 titles (total of 9 GB) it tells me this will only fit a standard 9gb disc but can be reduced to LP to fit onto a standard 4.7gb disc. I selected yes and it seems to work just fine. I can even make a proper menu. Thanks very much to ‘chef’ - I didn’t understand a lot of what he wrote but nevetheless we all have to learn. Hope my reply helps someone.

Yes, it’s kinda complicated firstly but there are also very good guides at videohelp.com & doom9.org :wink:

If you don’t use “all-in-one” software, you can get really good results (better quality). Just a hint.