Multiple rips from a DVD

If I backed up my copy of a DVD and then made another backup from the backup, will the movie lose any quality being a rip from a rip?

You won’t lose any (additional) quality unless you compress the DVD again instead of merely ripping it.

As DrageMester said not unless you compress it again but I see no reason to compress a copy of a
backup. It isn’t like back in the ol’ VHS days when you made a backup copy and then made another
backup copy from the first copy then you lost some quality on each copy from the other copy. In this
day and age of digital media you do not loose quality from backing up a backup disc as long as it isn’t
compressed anymore than the original backup disc was to start with.

[QUOTE=Anakin2Vader;2445839]If I backed up my copy of a DVD and then made another backup from the backup, will the movie lose any quality being a rip from a rip?[/QUOTE]

You don’t even need to rip it.

Just use your favourite burning software to copy the disc.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Anakin2Vader;2445839]If I backed up my copy of a DVD and then made another backup from the backup, will the movie lose any quality being a rip from a rip?[/QUOTE]

Hi Anakin2Vader

As Wombler pointed out in not so many words [B]“just use your favourite burning software”[/B], just use the ripped files/folder that DVDFab creates in the temp folder and if you use DVDFab to re-burn it just select the folder and either use “Full Disc”[B]<-([/B]I use[B])[/B] or “Write Data” it will just burn to another disc :wink:

Course if you have ImgBurn selected as the burn engine within DVDFab’s common settings you can set ImgBurn to burn multiple copies during that session :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]