Multiple Music mpeg/avi vids to single DVD

vbimport

Hello,

As you can see by my nickname i’m new to the world of video editing/converting and burning.

Well this is the situation I currently face, i have done a little research and found that canopus procoder can convert pretty much any type of video codec (with the exception of ogm) to dvd *.vob and most other codecs for that matter. In any case i think i took the wrong route with my project.

I have between 30-50 music videos that I have converted over the last 3 days from mpeg (2 and 4) to burnable dvd codecs *.vob. Now if i had be smart enough to name everything differently, I wouldn’t be in this predicament. Well I now have 30-50 video_TS folders with all the same named vob files. Now I guess i could just rename them all 1-50, as well as the index files that are with them, however I’m wondering if there is an easier way. I’ve already spent 3 days converting hehe… Any Idea’s? Software maybe? I’ve got Nero / Adobe Premier/ Canopus and thats about it currently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if this topic is in the wrong section my appologies to the mods.

Thanks in advance

:rolleyes:

You will need a DVD authoring package to put more than one music video on to the same DVD and to create a menu to navigate between them. You can’t copy multiple VIDEO_TS folders on to a blank DVD and play that unfortunately. The DVD standard requires a single DVD to have all the video object files (VOBs) in a single VIDEO_TS folder. If you need multiple titles then you need to create VTS sets; this is what the VTS_x_x.VOB files are.

Adobe Premiere will burn your video to DVD, but doesn’t have the features required to create menus. For that you’d need Adobe Encore DVD or a similar DVD authoring package like DVDLab.

Regards

TZ

Ok, well now I have deleted all my raw dvd vid and have kept the mpg’s and avi’s.

What would be the easiest way to put them on a dvd?

I have tried to conver multiple mpg’s with canopus, but then i get a very long single track dvd that has no skip available without seeking through the video.

Any ideas?