Multiple MP3 Albums: both studio & live with no gaps -is it possible?

Hi all,

Firstly, I have done some basic searching using a variety of keywords to no avail. So if the answer is already here, please just direct me & you’ll have my undying gratitude.

I have just re-ripped my entire music collection -the first rips were done at a lower bitrate: duh- & am looking to save to CD-R in a slightly different system than before.

I want to mix my albums to create a better listening experience than just have them all burnt to CD alphabetically.

ie. an album could be comprised of the following albums:

Wish You Were Here -Pink Floyd
Damn The Torpedoes -Tom Petty
Blues Alive -Gary Moore
Collective Soul -self titled
Van Halen -seld titled
Masterfile -Icehouse
Replicas -Tubeway Army

Okay, you get the idea. Now, Both the Pink Floyd & Gary Moore albums require seamless playback with no audible silence between the tracks, however, the other studio albums do require the 2 second gap for correct playback.

Is this possible? If so, with what software? I am using an older version of Nero (5) at present.

The only method I could discern to achieve this would be manually: by making the seamless album into one large wave file comprising all the songs then encode to mp3. Thanks.

With Nero you can [B]edit[/B] each track to have a gap or no gap.

With Nero you can [B]edit[/B] each track to have a gap or no gap.

Thanks. Do you know from what version? (what version are you using). Also, any hints on where I might find out if version 5 has this facility? Thanks.

Any version should be able to do it. On each track click on [B]Properties[/B].

Went back through my PDFs & found the version 5 help file & appears it does not support it except for audio CD burns. Also, ver.5 won’t allow mp3s to be burnt in other than numerical instead of by track number ie. 1,10,11,12,13,14,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14.

Time to upgrade: Is version eight worth the money or just use version 6 that was supplied with my DVD-R drive? That is assuming version 6 does what I want.

[QUOTE=1gkar;2014453]Went back through my PDFs & found the version 5 help file & appears it does not support it except for audio CD burns. [B]Also, ver.5 won’t allow mp3s to be burnt in other than numerical instead of by track number ie. 1,10,11,12,13,14,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14.[/B]

Time to upgrade: Is version eight worth the money or just use version 6 that was supplied with my DVD-R drive? That is assuming version 6 does what I want.[/QUOTE]
Are you talking about mp3 DATA discs? The gap and numbering (actually you need leading zero’s ie. 01,02,03 for up to 99 tracks etc.) are pretty much set in stone.