Multiple DVD's on 1 Disk

vbimport

Hi im sure this is probably widely known but unfortunately i dont know how to :frowning:

is there a way that i can put multiple DVD titles onto 1 DVD.

I have the whole mighty ducks series on DVD but is a pain in the backside to have to carry all 3 disks round with me, and would love to put them all onto one disk can it be done and the disk still playable obviously

Thanks in advance!

br0wni07

It’s possible to combine multiple DVDs with DvdReMake (see here). If the resulting triple DVD won’t fit onto a DVD (which I’m sure it won’t), then you’ll have to compress it to fit onto either a single or dual layer DVD. Whether or not the resulting output will be watchable or not is another story, as combining three full-length movies and compressing them to fit onto a single DVD will lead to fairly low bitrates for the movies. If you intend to follow through with this, then my advice is to try to remove everything from the DVDs except for the menus and the main movies themselves with one audio track, and compress the triple DVD to fit onto a dual layer DVD. I can pretty much guarantee that compressing them to fit onto a single layer DVD will be unwatchable; compressing down to a dual layer DVD might be passable.

not being smart here but “carrying them around all the time” means?
you watch mighty ducks daily?
3 disks are just too heavy to tote around?
[ok… bein a smartypantz there].

agree with previous post…
Can prob be put on 1 disk but single layer will look worse than VHS…D/L will be better but won’t compare at all to your originals…

br0wni07;I don’t have DvdReMake so it might be better than what I’m going to suggest.
First if you have original commercial DVD’s of your movies you will need a software that strips the protections.I suggest AnyDVD what I use.Then with CloneDVD2 rip the movies to your HD.
Like AZImmortal said removing any audio you don’t need.Subtitles don’t use much space I would leave them.
Then burn each of these to it’s own DVD + or - RW depending on what your burner will do & your set top unit will play.
The you need 2 set top units one can be just a player.
The set top DVD recorder in 6 hour mode will let you record them one at a time on the same single layer disc.Of course if they add up to more than 6 hours you need a recorder with a longer mode like 8 hour.
The reason for making the RW backup copies is you can’t make a backup copy of a copy protected commercial DVD disc on a set top recorder.
I think to be completely legal you will need to erase the single movie RW discs.Since it is my understanding you are only allowed to keep one backup copy.I don’t think temporary processing RW copies would be a problem as long as you don’t keep them.

DVD Shrink in re-author mode if you don’t care about menus.

Regards

[QUOTE=AZImmortal;2017005]It’s possible to combine multiple DVDs with DvdReMake (see here). If the resulting triple DVD won’t fit onto a DVD (which I’m sure it won’t), then you’ll have to compress it to fit onto either a single or dual layer DVD. Whether or not the resulting output will be watchable or not is another story, as combining three full-length movies and compressing them to fit onto a single DVD will lead to fairly low bitrates for the movies. If you intend to follow through with this, then my advice is to try to remove everything from the DVDs except for the menus and the main movies themselves with one audio track, and compress the triple DVD to fit onto a dual layer DVD. I can pretty much guarantee that compressing them to fit onto a single layer DVD will be unwatchable; compressing down to a dual layer DVD might be passable.[/QUOTE]

I have some very short home DVDs about our trips, and would like to combine them into one disk with one title page. Beside DvdReMake, do you have other suggestions? Thank.

Wenyan