Multiple Drive burning in NeroCOM

vbimport

Hello,

Using VB 6 as the platform and was wondering if it is possible to use NeroCOM to write to multiple drives like you can do from the actual Nero application? We will be burning to 2 drives on a machine and want to be able to use VB to track burn times and batches.

Any examples regarding multiple drive burns would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Jimmy

Sorry, but burning to more multiple drives simultaniously is not supported by NeroCOM and NeroAPI.

Originally posted by matze
Sorry, but burning to more multiple drives simultaniously is not supported by NeroCOM and NeroAPI.

Thanks for the quick reply. Is this a feature that you are looking at adding soon to the API?

I can see many people finding it useful, especially in batch/production runs.

J.Lively

What about NEROCMD?

Since NeroCMD also used NeroAPI: No.

Would it be possible to burn to multiple drives using multithreading in C++?? (Assuming you have multiple cd drives that is).

Originally posted by The Hobo
Would it be possible to burn to multiple drives using multithreading in C++?? (Assuming you have multiple cd drives that is).

That’s an interesting question…along those same lines…could I control two instanaces of a VB app that accessed the different drives?

So in essense, I would only be recording using 1 drive, per instance of the app, however, I would be burning them simultaneously?

Just a thought.

J

Only thing i would worry about is conflicts in the bus usage. But again it would havae to be tested. Basically if you have a vb activexdll it can be called in mutliple using a C++ project containing multithreading. That i havae done before but not with cd writing…

No, it would not be possible. NeroAPI does not support burning from multiple threads simultaniously. The only possibility is to burn from multiples processes.

No, it would not be possible. NeroAPI does not support burning from multiple threads simultaniously. The only possibility is to burn from multiples processes.

So, if I did have 2 independant VB apps that called the Com individually, and they were both running at the same time (Using different drives to burn) then it is possible?

Just wondering if the API would choke if it was being called multiple times from different apps.