Multiple Angle DVD - Please Help

A forum search on angles revealed this is a feature that Disney Pixar uses in their movies. I also found a button on my DVD remote labeled angle. On a few occaisions when playing a DVD, I noticed a small camera icon appears briefly appears, then disappears. I am working with Toy Story and AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 show that Toy Story has 3 angles. (Toy Story has the small camera icon.)

At a minimum, I assume angles is some sort of DVD feature. The problem is I don’t know what it is or does. I can’t seem to access it or tell if I have successfully accessed it.

From other forum posts, I assume that Pixar DVDs don’t play well unless you include all the angles. Other than normal playback of your DVD copy are there other ways to test that your DVD copy works.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The angles you are referring to is the DVD Video multiple angle functionality.

This means that there’s more than one video stream for this DVD video. Angles can be used to view certain setups of the movie in lots of different angles (for instance: a huge explosion viewed from the main actor, supporting actor, bumper cam, etc).

The multiple angle functionality can also be used to show another version of the movie such as drawing boards, sketches, direction edits, cuts and so forth.

DVD Videos should still work even if you only include the normal default angle.