Multi-Eps of Friends to DVD

vbimport

Hi guys. :slight_smile:

As you can see, I am still very much a newbie & I don’t post very often coz I either manage to sort things out myself or find the info I need on this incredibly useful site. :bow: However, I’m struggling & need some help.

I’ve got all the original Friends DVDs but I’m fed up with having to get up after every 4 episodes & turn over/change the disc. So, what I want to do is copy them to DVD so I don’t have to change them so often.

I’m not too picky & all I want when I put the disc in is:

• For the 1st episode on the disc to play automatically & then for it to continue playing all the remaining episodes on the disc automatically

• To be able to skip an episode(s) using the “Next” button on my remote

• I actually don’t want the menus :eek:

If I simply wanted a back-up, no problems coz I’ve got CloneDVD (v 2.5.3.3)/AnyDVD (v 4.1.0.1) but I basically want to be able to put more episodes on a disc so I don’t have to keep breaking off from what I’m doing (I tend to have it on in the background when I’m working & I lose my train of thought every time I have to move). I’ve tried tinkering with the .vob files but don’t really know what I’m doing. I found threads on similar problems but in everything I’ve read, no-one seems to be copying from DVD.

Apologies if I’ve missed a thread & this has been answered (in which case, you could direct me to it) but if not, please tell me everything I need to know & if giving instructions, please be specific so that a newbie like me can follow them.

Cheers eveyone :slight_smile:

you can do that with DVDShrink re-author mode

rip both disk to your hd
start shrink, choose re-author mode
re-author your disk
and burn with nero or clone dvd

Cheers buddy :slight_smile:

Just downloaded DVD Shrink & am, as we speak, ripping the 1st disc to my HD.

I’ll post later just to let you know how I got on.

Thanks again.

Dan

That’s worked perfectly & was unbelievably simple!

Never bothered with DVD Shrink before coz I’d established that Clone DVD was the best but I guess it does have it’s uses. :slight_smile:

Thanks again.