Multi Disk DVD Backup

vbimport

Ok right now I am using 4 different programs to make DVDs. Just depends on what I am trying to do exactly. If I plan on using just one disk I use DVD Shrink and Nero. If I plan on splitting it up I either use Clone DVD or X copy Platinum.

Of the programs I like DVD Shrink the best because I can rip the movie and come back at my leasure to Burn. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to split a DVD with DVD Shrink without having to re-author? The way I look at it is if I am splitting the DVD to 2 I may as well put everything on it. I can do this with the other programs just not DVD shrink to my knowledge. If there isn’t a way to so it with DVD Shrink does anyone know of any other programs that will let you just rip the movie but still split it up.

Also just out of curiosity what percentage of compression do you all feel is very noticeable?

Thanks for any help.

BTW just out of curiosity how long does it take most of you to rip a movie with DVDShrink with deep analisys? I seem to find it takes about an hour and a half. Is it my crapy system?

System is
XP 1800 Processor
40 gig 7200 RPM 2mb Cache HDD
256 PC 2100 memory
Using my Lite On 8x DVDRW to rip should be reading at 10x. Which is about 2 x better than my other DVD player

I plan on upgrading to an XP 2400 512 mb PC 3200 DDR and an 80 Gig 7200 RPM HDD with 8 mb Cache within the next couple months. But will this improve rip time much?