Mtron ssd firmware upgrade

vbimport

Mtron have recently made available to the public firmware upgrade downloads for their ssd’s

There is now one available for my present Mtron slc ssd (Mtron Mobi 3525 32gb). The site recommends backing up everything before the upgrade. My system is working perfectly at the moment. Would there be any benefit in a firmware upgrade? I do not want to upgrade and then find out that some of my progs do not work fully. I am not experienced at utilising backups. My Mtron ssd is about two years old by the way.

Should I leave well alone? I am a newbie and not quite sure what a firmware upgrade is for. Any advice would be most welcome.

John

Hi,[QUOTE=johnedlord;2565665]
There is now one available for my present Mtron slc ssd (Mtron Mobi 3525 32gb). The site recommends backing up everything before the upgrade. My system is working perfectly at the moment. Would there be any benefit in a firmware upgrade?[/quote]check if there is a statement about the improvements due to the new firmware.

I do not want to upgrade and then find out that some of my progs do not work fully.
The firmware update won’t affect your software, but things can go wrong and the data on your drive are inaccessible. Some SSD firmwares even wipe the disc (purposely), but this should be mentioned in the documentation enclosed.
I am not experienced at utilising backups.
Regardless on the technology of your drive (SSD or HDD), you should have your precious data backed up.

Michael