MTKWinFlash creates more problems than it fixes

vbimport

Would anyone like to kindly tell me why MTKWinFlash decided to disable all of my other cdroms PERMANENTLY? And would the author of this program kindly tell me how I can enable them because windows can’t seem to reenable them.

Thanks,

/MLS

edit I got it fixed but perhaps someone should fix this for everyone else.

Regardess of what its developer may say, no flashing proggy should be used until all flashable drives other than the one to be flashed have been disconnected from their IDE and power cables. This makes flashing brainless.

PS. Disconnect them with system shut down and power supply unplugged. IDE + hot disconnect = hurt on credit card.

Originally posted by MLS
Would anyone like to kindly tell me why MTKWinFlash decided to disable all of my other cdroms PERMANENTLY? And would the author of this program kindly tell me how I can enable them because windows can’t seem to reenable them.

Thanks,

/MLS

edit I got it fixed but perhaps someone should fix this for everyone else.

This behavior, was reported exactly one time before, barring the word “permanently”.
All it took to fix it was to delete the drives from Device Manager and reboot.

Considering that MtkWinFlash has been downloaded more than 20000 times to date, I don’t consider it a bad record.

Since you seem to be considered about “everyone else”, why don’t you tell us how you fixed it in your case?

Cheers :wink:

Well I’m not usually in the habit of attacking freeware programs because they are just that, free. My post was kind of made in anger over the problem, so please don’t take offense.

I had a restore point I made a little while before I flashed so I used that to fix the problem.

/MLS